Hi, Welcome!

The community is a safe space for people living with and connected to arthritis to ask questions and share experiences. Get started by registering here and posting your first comment or question!

Sign In with a Versus Arthritis account

Hot and sticky night

knuckledusterknuckleduster Posts: 551
edited 27. Jul 2012, 09:40 in Community Chit-chat archive
Were you like me trying to find a cool piece of sheet last night.
I said to myself -
"You're never satisfied girl.
You complain if you're hot,
You complain if you're cold,
You complain if it's wet
And you complain if it's dry.
Get a life girl!"

Hubby is out on his trail bike today. He has been banned from riding the greenlanes by himself now as the other week he had a puncture, had to ride it five miles with a flat back tyre and then it took ages to repair. I said if he ever had an accident in the middle of nowhere I wouldn't have a clue where to find him. His mobile phone is now an antique model with poor battery strength and range but he refuses to buy a modern one says
they're too complicated.

Comments

• NumptydumptyNumptydumpty Posts: 6,494
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I didn't bother with nighties or covers at all last night, :oops:
    It's a lot cooler today though.

I always insist my OH tells me exactly where he's going when he goes for a run. Like you say, if something was to go wrong, it would help to have some idea where to find him. :shock:
  • tkachevtkachev Posts: 8,332
    Green lanes I can handle but we live near London and I have made it clear to my OH I will not come and rescue him if his scooter breaks down like I used to!(it is a frequent occurance). He can call his friends or the RAC.

Hope he has a nice day out.

E :D
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • knuckledusterknuckleduster Posts: 551
    They all meet for lunch at a small airfield, watch the light aircraft come and go and have a good natter, then a slow ride home. Once home, it's a soak in the bath and a sleep. Although, I must say there has been more life in him since he's been on his new blood pressure pills.

Janet
  • valvalvalval Posts: 15,897
    if you go in phone shop and tell them you want basic phone they do have some not all singing and dancing
    val
    I've told him that valval, but I think it's probably a case he would rather spend his money on a new something or other for one of his bikes. :roll:

Hope you're enjoying the weather.

Janet x
  • mellman01mellman01 Posts: 5,303
    I'd just like to say I agree with anything K D says as I need the last few teeth I still have to chew me porridge of a morning!. :D
    Took me a few seconds to work out what you meant mellman01, then I laughed.

Janet x