Oops a daisy, there are no spoons left

Options
LignumVitae
LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
edited 29. Jul 2012, 15:33 in Living with Arthritis archive
I went to a gig last night. I don't go to many despite a passion for music because I struggle with them for all the reasons you can imagine. It was a small venue with a New Orlean's band playing (if any of you have seen Treme you can imagine). Music is in my blood and I think bass lines control my heart's beat so I struggle with turning down invites to gigs but I usually do. I won't get to see these guys again soon so I decided to cast caution to the wind but kept counselling myself on how to control myself. I had told myself to be a good girl and not get carried away. I was the designated driver to help me do that but the rhythm got me, it got my feet, my hips, my heart and my head. I went through the teaspoons, the dessert spoons, the soup spoons, the serving spoons...I think I even used the spoon rest up as well and then I moved on to knives, forks, salad servers, cake slicers, I did the whole cutlery drawer. I am now paying the price and I had told myself this would happen if I got carried away but I just couldn't help myself and for a night of live music that good I think it might have been worth the price of barely being able to stand now because the rush was huge and the memories will last and be there for those days when everything seems too hard and I question what all this is for...not too sensible I admit but sometimes I have this urge to shed the sensible skin and go back to being who I was before arthritis came to join me in life...so, are you all shaking your heads at my stupidity or am I not alone in occasionally doing very silly things? I did a little dance for you all, I boogied for everybody on here because we all deserve to shake our things even if we shouldn't! LV xx
Hey little fighter, things will get brighter

Comments

• Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    We all do something similar at one time or another. Then, like you, we have payback. Is it worth it? I definitely think so. Where's the fun in playing safe?
    I'm really pleased you had a great time. I can spare a few spoons to see you through,
    All the best,
    Numpty
  • fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    Options
    Hi

I was just talking to my friend this morning she has CID .And she was telling me about these spoons :lol: , Sorry you have used all of yours up and are now paying the price :( But it seems to me you had a fantastic time in my opinion spoons and all well used :D Now take it easy and you can start refilling the drawer :D Glad you had a great time .

karen xx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    Not shaking my head in disapproval at all. Just smiling because your obvious pleasure is infectious. Don't ever give it up, LV, but maybe try to work out an easier way of doing it next time.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    we expect pay back but it sound as though it was well worth it glad you enjoyed it do not give up or life will not be worth living val
    val
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    Ahhh it is so wonderful to know I am not the only irresponsible user of spoons. Thank you Numpty, I got your spoons :D they have helped! Thank you all, you are keeping me going LV xx
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Dearest LV...
    Music is great for the soul.... It is a wonderful thing to use spoons up for..
    I love music, and used to love going to the funky soul nights and dancing all night... Boy do I miss them days..

Good on ya hun...

:D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,453
    Options
    Ah Lignum

I THOUGHT my spirits lifted! It must have been you dancing for us all. Thank you so much :D

Since you have been so thoughtful I will send you one of my largest spoons and hope it helps you out. It's a ladle really and I can't use it just now due to lack of kitchen so you are welcome :wink:

Remember it really WAS worth it :D

Love

Toni xxx
  • Susiesoo
    Susiesoo Member Posts: 358
    Options
    I'm glad you just went for it and had a really good time.

I'm sorry, but spoons???

Susie :? :oops: