EMPLOYMENT SUPPORT ALLOWANCE HELP

Options
loovechocolate
loovechocolate Member Posts: 77
edited 26. Jul 2012, 09:27 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi
I need some help please, I had a TKR my dr gave me a sick note for 4 weeks then another for another 4 weeks, I am claiming contribution based sick pay, yesterday I had a letter saying they had looked at my claim and were moving me to WORK RELATED ACTIVITY and increased my money from £71 to £99.15 also gave me an appoitment with jobcentre for Aug 20th I called them explained I had major surgery and could not look for work was seeing consultant today and if they decide I am fit for work they will sign me off or give me another note, I may as well have been speaking moon speak, they are sending me an appeal for and I have to get medical evidence I am sick.
I left my job last year as I couldn't cope got another job but the co closed down so I signed on then had my knee done so claimed sick pay, this is all contribution based so I don't understand . Can anyone help me please this is all so new to me

Thank you

Comments

• elainebadknee
    elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    HI ILC

I dont understand this government...Why send you a letter saying they are putting you into the WRAG which is supposed to support you when youre ready to enter back into the workplace fine, but as youve just had major surgery youre obviously not ready to do so? Do they want you to be wheeled into the jobcentre or alike just so they can say "oh you really cannot work right now"...? It just annoys me when they treat people like this who are struggling in their life whether that be for a long or short time....Youve paid your national insurance contributions after all, did the right thing, as you said the company you worked for has since closed down...
    The only half decent thing is you will get the money whilst you appeal but you shouldnt have to be appealing, I certainly dont see many post operative people in workplaces do you?
    Im sorry youre being treated like this and can only offer sympathy and support....

Elainex
  • welshgooner
    welshgooner Member Posts: 34
    Options
    H ILC
    So sorry to hear this. Of course this Con/Lib lot just don't care who they hurt as long as their hooray Henry friends are lining their pockets. I was placed on the WRAG even though the medical report said I would not be returning to work in the long term! I asked them to look at it again without going to appeal. Along with support from my Welsh Assembly member I got lucky and they placed me in the support group. I advise that you take this all the way in the hope that you get the correct outcome, of course you shouldn't have to. Best wishes
    Den.
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm sorry to hear of your problems and I know how depressing they are as I've been their myself. Now, I've come to the end of my contributions paid ESA, which now only last for 365 days, and it has stopped. My husband is earning full time, though not a fortune, just over the limit for help,(typical) : :wink:
    Try not to worry as surgery is something they can't argue with and a report from you doctor confirming the op should be all you need. Love Suexx