re gastro appointment

mig
mig Member Posts: 7,154
edited 27. Jul 2012, 06:22 in Living with Arthritis archive
So appointment finally arrived this morning for the 30th of august,which is about another 5 weeks,which means i have been waiting about 13 weeks since it was first said i was to have a scan and having no treatment apart from naproxen and steroids,so if the scan shows as suspected that there is no liver problems it will be several more weeks while i come off the steroids before i can start any other treatment.I have phoned to ask if they get a cancelation to let me know,but there is a list of people waiting for these as well.I see rhemmy nurse just over two weeks time so will see if she can help in any way. Mig

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I know it seems a long way away (probably because it is :wink: ) but at least you kinow that you have an appointment and that is a good thing. I will happily jump in your pocket nearer the time, promise. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Me too, mig. I hope it will pass as quickly as possible.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Ahhh Mig, well done for hanging in there for so long...aren't there rules about how long you are supposed to wait?! I hope you get some really useful help when you finally get the appointment LV xx
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    I think Lignum the rules are 16 weeks or something like that :(

Mig I am so sorry you will have waited so long on just the steroids.

Hang on in there if you can. We are right here with you.

Love and hugs

Toni xx
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Mig the time will fly by! I have my Appt with Rhummey 2nd week of Aug and the time is flying by already!! Will happily pole volt in to your pocket on the day of your appt!