Help

Options
yaris
yaris Member Posts: 96
edited 26. Jul 2012, 14:28 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi I have been off work for 8 months now just had MRI scan done
I tear through the posterior horn of the medial meniscus ,moderate to
Severe medial compartment ostereo arthris with an osteochondral defect in
The medial femoral condyle and a lose body in the notch I went to see occy health Friday who says I come under the 2010 act disibilty my doctor told me this back in feb I came under this act. Any way back in march my line manager came round to see me I told him I have blue badge because off my condition. He told me that he did not agree with my gp,s comments as I was not disabled ,but was refused treatment due to my age is he allowed to make comments like this .

Comments

• mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    It sounds like the comments of a very ignorant person, comments like that are not allowed,sounds like work place bullying.Have you got HR person you can talk to.(((()))) Mig
  • earthspirit
    earthspirit Bots Posts: 278
    Options
    how dare somebody tell you that you arent disabled. line manager a doctor as well is he? there has to be someone in your company can deal with issues of a medical nature. what a rude git. hope you get some support.
  • pegleg
    pegleg Member Posts: 139
    Options
    How rude of your line manager :o , do you have an HR dept ? , they should be your first point of call , they are there to sort out problems like this , must say mine at work are fab :) xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    That's not on, Yaris, surely your results speak for themselves in highlighting what is going on with you. Yes, he is allowed to make whatever comments he likes (it's called freedom of speech) but it seems somewhat arrogant to dismiss your GPs opinion. It sounds to me as though he wants you gone so he doesn't have to put himself out in any way to continue employing you. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • elainebadknee
    elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
    Options
    Yaris

Without a shadow of a doubt this guy is a proper bedknob and broomsticks! Complain to someone in the company about it but my concern is he will deny saying it with the "its your word against mine scenario"...But dont let this idiot off with this.....Ask him too when he qualified??
    Grr..blood boiling!

Hugs..xx

Elainex
    yaris wrote:
    The medial femoral condyle and a lose body in the notch I went to see occy health Friday who says I come under the 2010 act disibilty my doctor told me this back in feb I came under this act. Any way back in march my line manager came round to see me I told him I have blue badge because off my condition. He told me that he did not agree with my gp,s comments as I was not disabled ,but was refused treatment due to my age is he allowed to make comments like this .
  • yaris
    yaris Member Posts: 96
    Options
    yaris wrote:

He did put this in a letter to me I am on 3 warning for being sick long term from work he told me I will be gone in november
  • Chelle123
    Chelle123 Member Posts: 23
    Options
    Unless he is a qualified Dr i don't think he has the right to make a comment on your disability. You have a blue badge because you need one and your GP who is qualified to make that judgement has assessed you.
    Def speak to HR. You should not feel you have to justify yourself to someone who clearly has no idea about your condition. Ignorant git!! Good luck x
  • freesia
    freesia Member Posts: 409
    Options
    HOW FLAMING RUDE & IGNORANT SOME PEOPLE ARE....!!!
    If your Doctor has supported your Blue Badge, then your disabled...

If you don't get any joy with HR - then 'if it were me..' I would put my feelings in writing to my employer - their previous actions are very bad and out of order.... and they can't treat people like this...

GOOD LUCK xx
    hugs freesia xxx