suggestions please

Options
SheilaD
SheilaD Member Posts: 201
edited 27. Jul 2012, 03:44 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi everyone hope your all reasonably well.

As you know I was diagnosed with RA and OA in November last year. Since then I have been really well once the Meth kicked in. My last appt with my Rheumy was in Late Feb, he was very pleased with my progress. Trouble is I have had a very stressful 4 months with losing my job but got another one straight away, I did inform the Manager about my RA and she told me it was no problem, but..... I had to approach her a few weeks ago as I was finding the hours difficult. My ankles began to swell and I have had a couple of days where I could hardly move because of the pain in my hip, because of the long hours I was doing Monday 9 and a half hours with a half hour lunch break, Tuesdays the same, Weds 6pm till 11pm, and Thurs 10am till 3pm. I did ask if I could cut down the Monday and Tuesday hours but was told a definate NO!! We are not allowed to sit down during work time.

Two weeks ago I had to rehome one of my little dogs as she became very possessive about me and kept attacking my other dogs.

Today I am having problems holding things in my left hand i.e a cup or plate the pain in my wrist is excrutiating and have a niggling pain in my left shoulder.

Where do I go from here? I was supposed to have a followup appt with my consultant at end of June, when I rang them they told me that the clinic is running behind and I would not get an appt before end of August beginning of Sept.

Sorry about the essay.

Love n hugs
SheilaD

Comments

• Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I'm sorry you're going through this, and your manager is being so unhelpful! Could you GP help to get you an earlier appointment? Or maybe you could phone your rheumy nurse.
    Wishing you well,
    Numpty
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    you need to contact rhummy secutery doc will give you number if you do not have it or nurse tell them how bad things are getting you need seeing to see if meds need increasing good luck val
    val
  • diamond
    diamond Member Posts: 396
    Options
    Sorry you are in a lot of pain Sheila it certainly does not help when you cannot sit down for a rest.Is it a pharmacy you work in if i remember right,no rest there then.Can you not go to gp and get signed off for a week so you can rest up.Rheumy appts are getting harder to get these days.I got my gp to request a earlier appt in middle june i cannot be seen untill beginning October.
  • SheilaD
    SheilaD Member Posts: 201
    Options
    Thank you for all your suggestions. I totally forgot I could ring the Rheumy Nurse as I have never had to bother her before :oops:

Yes Diamond I am the one that works in a Pharmacy. I can't really go on sick at the moment as I dont like letting people down. Some staff are on holiday and we are short staffed already.

Have hunted out Rheumy Tele No. and will ring her tomorrow.

Love n Hugs
    SheilaD xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I'm crossed-eyed with tiredness and so have no helpful suggestions. Life is not that easy sometimes, is it? :roll: You've done your bit in being honest and it would be good if they responded with a little understanding, yes? Ringing the rheumatology nurse is a good starting point. Take care. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    Hope your nurse can help you out and find some solutions for you today :)
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    Options
    Poor you Sheila

what a rough time and so sad having to re-home one of your dogs :( I do hope he/she is ok now.

I hope that maybe the rheumy nurse can offer you something to tide you over...maybe a dept steroid jab for instance???

I still think it's wrong that they are not making 'reasonable adjustments' for you - maybe letting you sit on a stool at least when the pharmacy is quiet. Maybe a call to ACAS is needed for advice?

Love

Toni xxx