pain patches

Options
valval
valval Member Posts: 14,911
edited 28. Jul 2012, 15:24 in Living with Arthritis archive
well i have a customer who is on pain patches when she first started using them they were great but now they are peeling off and leaking onto clothing where they are peeling off any one else having this trouble ?? and where do you place them ??? thanks val
val

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,425
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Val

I stick mine on may upper arm (bra straps otherwise!) and my tummy area is too delicate (like me :wink: )Back arm week one front week 2 then other arm front week 4 then back other arm week 4. Gives skin a good chance to recover :)

Mine have been peeling a bit this week and I think it's sun lotion??? I have supported them with a plaster on the corner that first lifts.

Love

Toni xxx
  • valval
    Options
    thanks tony she was going to do same but it said no sticking them down so was not sure thought sweating would not be helping this weather val
    val
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,931
    Options
    Hello Val
    i'm on the 10 and 20m patches and i change them every week like toni said mine have not started peeling yet.
    take care.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Hi Val. Sorry I've just seen this hun.
    Tell her to get some wipes, baby wipes are fine and scrub the area.. Then dry thoroughly, the patch should stay put then. I had bother with mine sticking but they're fine now. Stay put for the whole three days :D
    As for placement I've always been told above the heart definitely.. I put them on my upper arm or if janet does it then in my shoulders.
    Hope that helps hun.
    :D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • valval
    Options
    thanks all of you will pass it on val
    val