my knee update

Options
bertyboy
bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
edited 29. Jul 2012, 11:41 in Living with Arthritis archive
well as some of you know i had a tkr , then needed a rejig because it was out of line , have had lots of physio i have a lovely bend but i am still in lots of pain , get lots of swelling not just in my knee but my whole leg after a slight bit of walking even with crutches , they thought it was a lot of referred pain from my back and hips i have oa in both hips not bad but its there , and the base of my spine and the other knee , which is worse than the hips but in my eyes it is still very much my knee , have been to pain clinic what a waste of time at the moment , they gave me a tens to try for a fortnight on my back , then buy or send back i sent it back as it was doing nothing for my knee , life goes on wonder what will be suggested next :oops:
I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh Berty
    I am sorry, and was wondering how the knee was, I get referred pain from my hips, but I do know its the hips when I sit down and try to push my hips backwards.
    Your must be so painful, please keep on at them, I have been fobbed of many a time,
    I do hope you get them to listen, its no use just taking pain meds when the knee isnt right, and wants seeing to.
    I do wish you well with it all.
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Oh dear May, this isn't good is it? You poor thing, something that was supposed to help matters (the TKR) hasn't and you are still struggling. I am so sorry. :( I've never found a TENs to be of any use whatosever, I rely on the dullers to take off the worst of it - are you taking any pain relief? Are you able to? Take care. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • diamond
    diamond Member Posts: 396
    Options
    Oh May you must be so fed up after going through your tkr to still feel things are not improving that well.I hope they can do something soon to help you after all we go for the op so we can walk better and be pain free.xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    Options
    Hi May

you must be so disappointed after so many on here had such excellent help from the pain clinic :(

Let's hope that when you get back there they have a more effective 'plan B' for you.

Take care and it is lovely to see you posting.

Love

Toni xxx
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    Options
    thanks all its lovely when i do pop back there is always such a warm welcome xx
    i do class my self as one of the unlucky ones and yes i do get miffed that alot just go and have it done with no probs , even those that have both done together :lol: how brave is that :D , the guy at pain clinic is aware that i am in pain and that alot of it is coming from my knee but as to why he hasent got a clue as i have had that replaced i know that i was there :roll: but i will see him again , i see the consultant again in sep so carry on regardless till then , hes very good and will hopefully come up with some thing else to try other than another op ,
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
    Options
    I'm very sorry, bertyboy, that things aren't going well for you. All that springs to mind is that perhaps it would be best to accept they could have a point about referred pain. When my TKR finally gave up the ghost, all (and I mean ALL) the pain was in the ankle beneath it. X-rays showed the ankle was fine whereas the two components of the knee had parted for good.

Having said that, we all know that there are people on here whose TKRs or THRs have not gone to plan and the fact that the consultant is nice and kind is no indication of how good the implant may be.

I very much hope things will improve for you.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright