Our lovely AC Helplines Manager Jo Cummings is with ......

Options
elnafinn
elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
edited 8. Aug 2012, 18:48 in Living with Arthritis archive
Arthur, the bear, (AC official mascot) on their way to climb Machu Picchu in aid of AC.

http://www.justgiving.com/Jo-Cumming0

Go for it, Jo, enjoy your birthday there too. You will get to the top, for sure with your determination. :D Have fun on your huge adventure. :D

I shall be visiting your justgiving page. :D

All good wishes
Elna ((hugs))

ps we do not need the mods to check this :wink::lol:
The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Thanks Elna....she will make it...like you say determination will get her there, and I will be visiting her page....come on Jo :D:D
    Love
    Barbara
  • barbara12
    Options
    Just bumping this up for our Jo....who is going to great lengths or should I say heights to raise money for AC....at the tender age of 62...
    lets all get behind her.... :D
    Love
    Barbara
  • elnafinn
    Options
    Jo and Arthur have now arrived in Peru on Independence Day. :D
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,466
    Options
    Go JO!!!!

a084.gif

We are all right here behind you :D

Love

Toni xx
  • elnafinn
    Options
    Yesterday was Jo's and Arthur's last day in Cusco. Yesterday they did a three hour trek. Today they are off to the hot springs for a four hour trek. At night when they are camping the temperature will drop to -10C and they will be at an altitude of 3500 meters.

Elna x

• tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Only just spotted this..
    It's a great thing to do.. Anything for a free holiday eh? Lol
    Jo, I wish you the very best of luck... It sounds like an incredible adventure to have.
    I hope that you achieve everything that you can mi dear and that you reach those dizzy heights lol.
    If I'm right in thinking (a rare occurence I know :shock: ) when stood at the base there is a part where you can make strange noises clapping, hopefully you're hands will be up to it?

The very best, safe travels..... :D:D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • barbara12
    Options
    Hi Jo
    Thinking about you, and amazed at what you are doing...I think it deserves a gold medal.... :D
    You go girl...wishing you good luck with it all xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • vonski
    vonski Member Posts: 1,292
    Options
    Hi Elna

thanks for letting us know about this.
    Happy to sponsor Jo you are doing a great thing for us all, hope you have fun and Happy Birthday.

Love
    Vonski x
  • elnafinn
    Options
    Hi Vonski :D

Lovely to see your name on here for the second time very recently. :wink::D

Jo is a real good egg, isn't she?

Love
    Elna x

• elnafinn
    Options
    Latest news from Arthritis Care via FB:

Jo and Arthur are out of range in the high Andes for now. With them on the trek are a Doctor, paramedics, oxygen and a horse ambulance.

Fingers crossed and all our best wishes go to Jo and Arthur x

Echo from Elna to Jo and of course Arthur, as well. :)

• kellerman
    kellerman Member Posts: 741
    Options
    More than happy to sponser you Jo. You are a credit to AC.
    Belated birthday greetings......been on holiday. May
  • elnafinn
    Options
    Latest news from Arthritis Care via FB:

Jo and Arthur have now safely returned from the high Andes and are putting their feet up for the evening

:lol: Well deserved, that bottle of Cusquena. :wink::D

Elna x

• elnafinn
    Options
    Well done Jo, on achieving your personal challenge and raising about £1,250 for AC.

Wonderful photos of your achievement on FB via AC, proof that you have been there and done that and Arthur too. He is a well travelled bear. ;)

Elna x