I'm back - day 6 post TKR

2»

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    First of all, well done on the patience front! It aint easy, is it? We have our way and they have theirs and never the twain shall coincide. I bite my tongue quite a lot post-op :roll:

We have a high bed too. In the early days he just flings me in but, in time, I find if I sit back as far as possible on the bed, I can hook my ankle on the good leg under the heel of the operated leg and throw it in myself. Or, it might be easier, to get in on his side of the bed - provided he's not currently in residence.

All in good time, Julia. You'll get there.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello again Julia, I hope all is as well as it can be. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • JuliaHod12
    JuliaHod12 Member Posts: 456
    hi guys

hmmm, well progress has stalled..........i have a rotten cold and nil energy for walking outside :-(

and we sadly lost Fluffy's dad this afternoon :-( not unexpected as you all know, but nonetheless not a good time for us.

take care y'all

Julia xx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    I'm so sorry about your father-in-law, Julia. As you say, not unexpected but still very hard for all of you.

This, and the cold, will take it out of you. Just go easy on yourself, do the RICE thing and forget about anything else for now.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • elainebadknee
    elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
    Julia

Sorry to hear about your fil not unexppected but still a shock no doubt to you and your hubby....
    Not so great about the cold but get plenty vit c in you and feed that cold, hopefully it wont last too long....Progress will have to wait till youre back to fighting fit girl!

Hugs

Elainex
    JuliaHod12 wrote:
    hi guys

hmmm, well progress has stalled..........i have a rotten cold and nil energy for walking outside :-(

and we sadly lost Fluffy's dad this afternoon :-( not unexpected as you all know, but nonetheless not a good time for us.

take care y'all

Julia xx