back again, need some adivce on making things easier for me

Options
03darhum
03darhum Member Posts: 72
edited 6. Aug 2012, 16:56 in Young people's community
Hello All
I have not been on here in a long time,sorry. well first i shall give u an update on my current situation. i have left collage and made it to uni I am currently studying law. however over that time my athur (yes i name my athritis arthur) :lol: has progressed from my back to my legs and hands. also my athur is in the middle or currently been redignosed, not loving hospitals at the moment even if its broadgreen (nice place newly built in liverpool) I was living close to uni in liverpool until i decided it was becoming to hard for me so I am now living back in warrington.

anyway now for the main topic, i said i have athur in my legs and back, this giving me swelling, stiffness and a lot of pain. the pain i can handle, its the lack of movment i hate, i really struggle with cleaning the house, sitting, standing pretty much everything which needs those body parts. how do i make things easier for my self, without losing my indipendance or the will to live :lol: I AM 20 my indipendance is extremly important to me and soon I will be back at uni, this will effect my education. i have had this 4 four years now but my athur still suprises me.

no pressure intended but ur answers will effect my futur :lol::lol:
hope u are all ok
Darren

Comments

• Harlansmummy
    Harlansmummy Member Posts: 89
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Darren :)

I am a little older than you, 26 now, but it is very hard losing independence just when you should be branching out on your own.

The only advice I can give is to pace yourself. You can't do everything, but you can do something. Do what you can and don't beat yourself up about the rest. In fact if you do little and often, rather than manic phases of rushing about, you will probably be able to do more!
    Twenty-something mother, home educating my wonderful son and currently TTC.

My particular flavour of arthritis is yet to be confirmed