I can resist...

Numptydumpty
Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
edited 1. Aug 2012, 05:27 in Community Chit-chat archive
anything but temptation.
Tonight was going to be one of my alcohol free nights. (I do have them, honest.)
Then my OH said he fancied a glass of wine. I said I wouldn't join him. Ten minutes later, I'm slurping up the red. :oops:
All my good intentions gone. Of cause it's his fault. :lol:
Aah well, there's always tomorrow. :wink:

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I'm always planning alcohol-free nights. My resolve usually lasts until I start cooking and it becomes necessary to decide whether to cool the white or warm the red. Occasionally I decide to be strong, only to discover that Mr SW has already taken measures to cool or warm.

Tonight I was clever. We had 3/4 bottle of cabernet left. Theoretically, it was possible to share 1/2 tonight and 1/2 tomorrow but I felt it better to have an alcohol-free day tomorrow so we removed all temptation tonight :wink:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    That's my kind of thinking, except tomorrow I would probably forget the plan and open another bottle!
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    That's the wines influence,I have a lager while watching the olympics,then of course there will be the para-olympics,will the sport never end.Mig
  • vwkamper
    vwkamper Member Posts: 132
    Ooooh temptation so naughty but nice!!!

I don't drink but the sweeties always get me the bu**ers :wink:

lexy
    P.M.A Positive Mental Attitude.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    mig wrote:
    I have a lager while watching the olympics,then of course there will be the para-olympics,will the sport never end.Mig

Sunshine is my downfall, mig. I know we've had precious little this year but all the more reason for snatching every opportunity to sit outside with Mr SW and a bottle of cider.

Oddly enough, VW, sweets don't tempt me. The only time I ever eat them is on long car journeys and I only buy some then to ensure my driver stays awake.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    sweets tempt me far more than alcohol so often have free nights with no prob val
    val