Olympic update

Options
LignumVitae
LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
edited 8. Aug 2012, 06:57 in Community Chit-chat archive
I may not be competing and never able to but in this household of English and Aussies (humans and dogs) I'm delighted that GB are 10th in the medal table and Australia a woeful 15th. It won't always be this way but first the cricket and now the Olympics...a summer of satisfaction for this sofa athlete :lol::lol::lol:
Hey little fighter, things will get brighter

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    It won't always be this way

It certainly won't! Always be nice to sporting Aussies. They don't lose often.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • LignumVitae
    Options
    What about not so sporting Aussies?!...they're dropping further down the table whilst we go further up AND their rowers are getting into trouble like naughty sore losers. I have to make hay whilst the sun shines, I bet I never get a chance again t :lol:
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    I see their rowing team was compaining that the crowed was to loud!, and they call us whingers!. :o Joking apart it's really nice to see us do good for once but will it last now we have all these cut backs?, the lottery should pick up any short fall and keep the ball rolling as it were otherwise it's only going to go down hill from here on in.
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    you can tell the sports that have not had there funding cut i feel for the lesser sports who did and have given there best but it great to see so many medals for us
    val
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    What I can't get my head around is as you say funding cuts I thought the Lottery was there to help out they must have billions at hand no sports person should need to go without or begging cap in hand.
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    mellman01 wrote:
    What I can't get my head around is as you say funding cuts I thought the Lottery was there to help out they must have billions at hand no sports person should need to go without or begging cap in hand.

true but did lots of photo copying for some of the sports who had lost there funding because it was thought they would not get medals wrong or what
    val
  • LignumVitae
    Options
    Yorkshire has won more golds than Australia!
    I do think it is stunning how well we have done, it is fantastic and I'm going to be buying a lottery ticket more often- pick up those missing out sports and top the table in Rio...goodness knows if Australia will even show up for that one, latest excuse is the rest of the world has stolen their coaches...clutching at straws with that one I think, a country of slow coaches more like! LV xx
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Its all about the money.

Elizabeth :D
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    Yorkshire has won more golds than Australia!

Thank you so much for that piece of info, LV. I felt it necessary to let my (Yorkie) son in L.A. know straightaway because the Aussies in his cricket team always enjoy a comparison of sporting prowess. He seemed very pleased to be able to pass on the good news :D

tkachev - I fear you are right.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright