hello

Options
friarygirl
friarygirl Member Posts: 36
edited 9. Aug 2012, 15:06 in Say Hello Archive
hi, I hope you dont mind me joining you all. Struggling with MCTD and nowhere else for me so hope I am welcome here! No specific RA but lots of signs it could be moving that way amongst the mixture of lupus, sjogrens and so on too. Manage as best I can , smile and try hard but struggle at times. Have a great consultant and they do the best they can with medications but it is not a magic wand and some days the pain and limitations are harder than others. Enjoy lots of crafts and try and keep my mind well occupied even if my body doesnt want to play! Pacing is hard with MCTD as I can only guess what each minute will bring! thanks and hope I am OK being here with you all! been reading a lot and think I can be here with this mixture of conditions! thanks FG

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Of course we don't mind you joining us, FG. The more the merrier. As you may have noticed we are a very mixed bunch reflecting all the broad spectrum of rheumatic ailments. The diseases don't discriminate so neither do we.

We very much get where you're coming from and I hope you'll find, as we do, that it's good to have somewhere where people 'get it' without having to have everything spelled out in boring, uncomfortable detail.

Welcome on board. Join in wherever you wish. LWA and CC are the forums where most people hang out but weekends can be a bit quiet.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • friarygirl
    Options
    thank you so much. I am normally confident but atm feel a bit low and after 19 years of being ill admit I am struggling. a hard thing to do and so thanks for the support.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
    Options
    'Normally confident but feeling a bit low' - yes, we've all been there, FG. In fact it's a place we all visit regularly as chronic illness saps our mental strength as well as physical strength. Sometimes a bit of virtual support and cyber hugs can help a lot. Here are a couple to get you going. (())

Why not post on Living With Arthritis? I confess I'd never heard of MCTD and had to google it though, having done so, I'm sure there are others with very similar stuff. (Mine's RA - mostly :roll: )
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • vwkamper
    vwkamper Member Posts: 132
    Options
    Hello fairygirl,

Welcome we are here for help a chat or to listen to grumbles,

So ((())) and wishes,

lexy.
    P.M.A Positive Mental Attitude.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,427
    Options
    Hi Friarygirl

Lovely to meet you.

I like your username....would be interested to know where it came from.

Of course you can come here - you are VERY welcome indeed :D . Issues will be very similar I am certain.

Love

Toni xx
  • friarygirl
    Options
    thanks all.

As for my user name it is part of something connected with where I live and girl...well hardly but we can all dream and I am female!!! :D
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,427
    Options
    Ah

Thanks for that....made me think of a school where I grew up :D

Love

Toni xx