Fed up getting rained upon

Options
knuckleduster
knuckleduster Member Posts: 551
edited 5. Aug 2012, 14:47 in Community Chit-chat archive
There I was sitting at the computer catching up on my penfriend letters, when I looked at the sky and thought "those black clouds look ominous, had better get the washing in." Had two loads on the line, with a third still churning around in the machine. Was half way unpegging said items when large blobs of rain began to fall upon my head. Pegs flew through the air in my haste to get the washing in. It wasn't just raining, it was cascading down like a waterfall, plus it was thundering. Within seconds the patio resembled a gushing river and I half expected all the pots to float away. I'm fed up getting rained upon this Summer!! I read that sales of wellie boots, brollies and macs are up by nearly 100% this Summer (I'm not surprised).

Janet xx

Comments

• Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Ha I do know what you mean. Putting my washing out is a sure fire way of making it rain. :(
    We are in the middle of a thunderstorm right now. It's tipping it down, and there's a little stream running under my front door and down my hallway. This in spite of numerous towels laid down to stop it. :o I just hope it doesn't last much longer. :roll:
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    I left mine out in the rain Knuckleduster. The sun is shining now....

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    I left mine out in the rain Knuckleduster. The sun is shining now....

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Not washing today but big black clouds hanging about.Mig
  • knuckleduster
    Options
    Oh dear numptydumpty - hope it's stopped raining your way and you've managed to mop up in your hallway. The only time we've been flooded out is when hubby didn't tighten up the radiator valve after we'd decorated and it leaked for a week. We were not living in the house at the time and were greeted by water coming out of (not into) the front door. Have since got the washing dry, but it's raining again. Never mind, it's good for the grass and my hostas.

Janet xx
  • knuckleduster
    Options
    We all seem to be in the same boat today. Hubby is in Swindon with one of his motorcycles at something called a scatter card rally. Hope he has got his decent waterproofs on this time!

Janet
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    We had a terrific thunderstorm,it went away and then it came back.Mig