Clueless!

Options
Melrymax
Melrymax Member Posts: 226
edited 11. Aug 2012, 11:28 in Community Chit-chat archive
It is my little boys birthday next month and I don't have a clue what to get him. I'm not going mad as I have got my children a playcentre between them for birthday/Xmas. But I do feel that he should still have a few things to open on his birthday.
Any ideas appreciated..... He will be 4 and already has a hell of alot of trains, tracks, cars etc.
I have ordered him like a mini whiteboard that he has asked for but it is only small.

Comments

• LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Sea monkeys! They are quite easy and inexpensive. I had some as a student (like a four year old only drunker) and they keep on being fun for a while cos you have to set the, up and watch them grow, think you might need to feed them too but mine died in the end so maybe that's why I can't quite remember thant bit. Good luck in your quest for gifts, LV xx
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    I find that kids love to open loads of small things...ie drawing stuff...bubbles and for a 4 year old there are loads of brilliant jigsaws around...oh I could go on...but just loads of cheap things to open...hope it all goes well :D
    Love
    Barbara
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Great ideas Barbara!

What about building bricks like lego?

E :D
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • Melrymax
    Options
    Yh we are getting a few drawing bits. NO more Lego lol have far too much. Might get a block of paper (we are running low anyway)
    What we actually do on the day can't be decided until the day as I have a scan the day before and may be admitted to hospital. We will do something nice the weekend before though.
  • elainebadknee
    elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
    Options
    How about a themed party...Like cops n robbers, or Olynpic themed dress up as athletes? Should be plenty of merchandise about?

Elainex
    Melrymax wrote:
    Yh we are getting a few drawing bits. NO more Lego lol have far too much. Might get a block of paper (we are running low anyway)
    What we actually do on the day can't be decided until the day as I have a scan the day before and may be admitted to hospital. We will do something nice the weekend before though.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I'd go for the lots of little things, he is at the age where quantity will register more than 'quality' - he is only 3-and-so-nearly-4 after all. Crayons, chalks or paints, coloured paper, bubbles, toy vehicle of some sort, a football (or other kind of sporty thing), new jarmies, sweeties etc. You could hide the gifts around the house and tell him he has ten (or whatever) to find - that's good counting practice! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Melrymax
    Options
    I like the idea of the treasure hunt :). Think I'll give the party a miss with cost. Was thinking about £50 to spend so that will make up colouring bits, see if he points anything else out, he did want the latest my little pony playset but I might just get him some animal figures etc.
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    that a lot to spend on bits and pieces we used to hide things with a trail of pictures for the lads to follow with each gift another pic to lead to next. so swing first then bath next bed so on and so forth if it nice get paddling pool out and roll of lining paper lots of paint and let him loose on long pic wash it all off in paddleing pool my two used to love getting covered in paint then washing it off with bubble bath in paddleing pool val
    val
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    It will cost you more than £50 for his party better get the bank and sort out the overdrauft. Kids today get to much ( mine included ) get hima baloon on stick. LOL
    Colin
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • Melrymax
    Options
    The whiteboard I have ordered is £12, and a scribble pen is about 12-15. So that's astound 25 already. Never thought of doing the pain in the paddling pool, that's fab idea. :)
    That's it Colin..... He has far too many things already which is why we got the playcentre for them as joint present, and just a few little bits have just remembered though I have a playmobile set in the loft I picked up in jan sales :)
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    A couple of water guns were a favourite gift when mine were small especially in this weather!
    Another gift which was a surprise hit was an electrical circuit kit. You connect pieces together to make a circuit which lights a light bulb up, makes a propeller fly into the air, and makes a buzzer noise. I still don't know who bought it for them as the gifts got ripped open before I knew but all 3 loved it!

A toy story memory card game is currently popular too.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • Melrymax
    Options
    Thanks for all the ideas :). We have decided to get a scooter for him £10 and take him to choose a new goldfish actually on his birthday :) he wants a stripy one and wants to call it xylaphone!!!!
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,482
    Options
    Good plan Merlymax

I think he will LOVE his new friend for a very long time :D We used to do easter treasure hunts for our kids every year with clues. they loved it :wink:

Love

Toni xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Oh how lovely! Being taken to choose your own goldfish is something he will really enjoy - don't be surprised if you come home with two. :wink: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • elainebadknee
    elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
    Options
    That is soo cute how he has a name already for his fishie!! Bless!....

Elainex
    Melrymax wrote:
    Thanks for all the ideas :). We have decided to get a scooter for him £10 and take him to choose a new goldfish actually on his birthday :) he wants a stripy one and wants to call it xylaphone!!!!