fed up with all the drugs

Options
kimbo69
kimbo69 Member Posts: 8
edited 11. Aug 2012, 15:07 in Say Hello Archive
hey new to this site so thought i would bore someone new with my aches and pains and my moans im 43 scottish lass ,thats fed up trying to hold down a job as taxi driver and live with disease not to mention all the drugs and there side effects ,has anyone tried certolizumab pegol ? and if so any info would be greatly received :D

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello there. It's good to meet you and feel free to 'bore' us anytime you like as we all know how it is, which is more than can be expected of anyone who doesn't struggle with this disease. I'm very impressed that you're managing to hold down a taxi job. It can't be easy.

I'm afraid I can't help on the meds front as I'm one of the lucky ones who gets by well on methotrexate and hydroxy. I have a vague feeling though that the med you mention is also called cimzia(?) If so, there are one or two on here who do take, or have taken it and I know there's one lady ('kathe', she's Norwegian and works on oil rigs - how impressive is that :o ) who is about to go on it. You can find her thread on the Living With Arthritis forum, probably still on the front page. I hope we'll see you around here.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • kimbo69
    Options
    THANKS for replying stickywicket, I also used to work on the oil rigs until the meds I took werent allowed to be taken offshore, I have change my job 3 times to fit in with this horrible thing I figured taxi driving no one is going to be sacking me when im off work which has been a lot recently as im self employed but no one is paying me either , but thats another hassle DLA does anyone even get it ? :) and yip your right thats the same drug cost a bomb to get it and been a struggle trying to get on it but im hoping il be like bionic woman shortly :P ,oh and believe il be moaning as its all i seem to do thanks again il go have a search for kates post
    kind
    regards kimbo
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    Options
    Hi Kimbo

a quick hello from me too :)

there are folks on here on cimzia l know l have heard some good reports so fingers crossed for you :D

DLA? DLA?????!!! It's really hard to get these days feel free to do a 'search' for the subject or plough back through old posts and you will see it is an ongoing saga on here :roll:

Main advice is to Get advice before applying to maximise your chances.

Lovely to meet you

Toni xxx
  • kimbo69
    Options
    hello Toni
    and lovely to meet you too,l dont really want to claim dla if l can get back to working fulltime as i just get stressed when l get refused and hear of all these other people getting it that kind of made themself ill ie through taking drugs or drink or them that are just scamming the system, but finding it really hard to meet all my bills l just want to be back to how l used to be a WORKER that never claimed anything and managed to look after myself :) x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    Options
    I totally get you Kimbo - feel the same.

If you do decide to brave it - you could get CAB to help you with the forms or DIAL....

You might be well advised to do that anyway incase they have some other ideas....Working tax credit for example??

Love

toni xxx