moaning minnes

Options
mig
mig Member Posts: 7,154
edited 8. Aug 2012, 04:52 in Community Chit-chat archive
Apparently there are a couple of countries that are wondering why we are doing so well at the olympics,mange tout Rodney throw another sausage on the Barbie cobber.!Mig

Comments

• mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi mig I heard the Australian teams were moaning about the crowd being too noisy in the rowing what do they want them to do sit their all glum and passive?, it’s odd but they call us whinging pom’s but they moan more than we do, sour grapes is all they should shut up and put up. After all actoins speak louder than words and were number 3 on the medal's board so there!, nah nah nah nah nah!!!.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Oh diddums. The French are too temperamental for their own good and as for the Antipodean lot well, who cares? They've had plenty of success in the past so they shouldn't begrudge others their turn but they will as they're not used to losing. If you're not good enough then you're not good enough. Work harder. Simples. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    It's very unlike me to defend the Aussies and I don't know what's been going on with them and the Olympics. My experiences of them come mostly with cricket and, for all they usually sail away with everything, I find them very gallant losers when they do lose.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Oooh do we look bovard.... :lol: is it the French that have said we should be drug testing more of team GB..... :roll:
    Love
    Barbara
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    The aussies usually do well in the swimming but other nations have caught up, China especially. Australia have all these sports institutes, funding and a sporting lifestyle, China has a selection process and children are fed and 'cared' for by the state but GB has also invested in sport, backed by sports science and technology so why shouldn't GB be getting medals.

E :D
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein