Post Olympics Support Group

Options
stickywicket
stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
edited 13. Aug 2012, 14:10 in Community Chit-chat archive
Several recent posts on here have convinced me of the need for this. Some of us (Far be it from me to mention MIG by name) are going to feel very keenly the sudden lack of lycra, especially as this will coincide with the return of the petulant, spitting, ref-manhandling, overpaid (male) footballer.

Lycra withdrawl, I understand, can be a very painful experience and I think we should all help each other to cope with this very sad, traumatic period of grieving.

So, please sign up for the AC Lycra Support Group and share any (legal) coping strategies you have found helpful
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
Steven Wright

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I have bought some lycra shorts for Mr DD (one size too small :wink: ) which I will ask him to model at unexpected times. I hope to have at least five of those occasions on Sunday, then gradually reduce over the course of the following week. This may help me but I am very unwilling to lend him out to others as I do not wish to become a figure for envy amongst my cyber friends. 8) DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    That seems grossly unfair DD.Mig
  • stickywicket
    Options
    I agree, mig. Very selfish. Do you happen to have skype, DD?

I'm not sure I want to see Mr SW in lycra. I don't think it would suit his overhang.
    Steven Wright
  • mig
    Options
    I definately don't want to see mr mig in lycra he looks bad enough in cotton shorts !!! Mig
  • fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    Options
    Sorry never having seen Mr DD , I cannot comment :| I'm sure he will look devine in lycra :)
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    has he got football socks or does he not need them ????
    val
  • knuckleduster
    knuckleduster Member Posts: 551
    Options
    Oh dear me, the thought of my hubby in lycra is definitely not desirable. :roll:
    Have seen lots of cyclists locally in colourful lycra and it does make them far more noticeable on the roads. :D

Janet
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    Options
    Good idea Sticky, I shall miss the lyrca :oops:
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    I'm signing up too...real sportsmen seem to wear Lycra and whilst I enjoy the dummy spitting over paid thingy the Lycra clad wonders have made me see the difference between footballers and real sportsmen. The Lycra clad cyclists near me all seem unfortunate types :( . Maybe I can withdraw slowly through the watch again replayer doodah
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • mig
    Options
    I wonder if there will be a DVD with all the best BITS on.Mig
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Yes, count me in with the AC Lycra Support Group please,SW. It's going to be a tough time once the Olympics are over.
    As for coping strategies, I'm not sure that anything will work. My OH has been known to don his Lycra shorts occasionally when he goes cycling, but I'm ashamed to say that the sight always makes me laugh, much to his annoyance.
    Mig, which best BITS did you have in mind for the DVD :?:
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • stickywicket
    Options
    mig wrote:
    I wonder if there will be a DVD with all the best BITS on.Mig

:lol::lol::lol:
    Steven Wright
  • mig
    Options
    Why the highlights of course,what would yours be?Mig
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    mig wrote:
    Why the highlights of course, Mig

An outstanding idea, Mig :!: :D
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    I think I will have to buy Mr bubba some lycra shorts as well! But I'm still in shock from what I saw on the rowing! Those mens shorts couldn't have been anymore tight! I saw the meat and 2 veg of every rower! And the fact it was called the coxless made me laugh, because these rowers definately had their coxes! :lol: :oops:
  • stickywicket
    Options
    I think I’m cured. So, if anyone else wants to go cold turkey…..

I see, in today’s Sunday Times, that Claire Perry MP has got so carried away by the Olympics, she’s suggested all MPs should turn up to Westminster on the first day of the autumn session in sports kit, as a tribute.

I immediately thought of messrs Clarke (K) and Prescott (J) and suddenly my lovely tuna/olive/mayo sandwich didn't taste the same.
    Steven Wright
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    I'm a 100% sure I'm due my HRT meds after yesterday's closing ceremony! I sobbed like a baby through out it especially when Take That came on near the end as soon as I saw Gary Barlow and realised what they where singing I was gone sobbing away. My OH asked what was the matter and I told him about the still birth of his child, and he shock his head and let me get it out of my system! And as the Olympic flame was put out I was still in tears! I really hate hormones!!
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    Ewwwww Sticky, I was eating my tea reading your post. No tea and no Lycra men for me now! George Osborne in Lycra too :? Suddenly it's how revolting and ridiculous can men look in Lycra, not how sporting and divine...I'm over it, shock therapy worked.
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter