Do I have mug or fool tattoed on my forhead I ask myself.???

Options
Turbogran
Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
edited 10. Aug 2012, 09:33 in Community Chit-chat archive
Over the last 2 days I have decided that I must have these words on my forhead along with please have a go at me. Both yesterday and today I have had someone making an objection to where I have been sitting on the bus with the good ole rollater yesterday I was sitting in the wheelchair bay of the bus with he rollator and was told by the driver to move out to allow a buggy into the area when I said it was a disabled bay and that the rollator was a disabled walking aid he said the area is for wheelchairs and buggys not walkers. today i got on the bus to find 2 buggys in the disabled bay so I sat with the rollator on the otherside of the aisle by the door as there was no room in the bay o complaints from the driver this time but when one buggy got off 2 stops from my one an eldery lady sat in the seat in the bay and decided to have a go about it shouldn't be in front of the door. these are double doors and people can get around the walker so i wasnt in the way. what is this word coming to I ask myself . Sorry for rant but i felt I needed to write it down as it made me feel as tho I was a piece of dirt of the pavement not a human being. If you have gotten to the end of this post I thank you for taking time to read it. and sorry one again for the rant.
Stay positive always👍xx

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Carol that is disgusting...some of these young ones with prams could walk a few stops anyway...I honestly think that the bus company's should be clear on who has priority in these spaces....
    Surly if there are no wheelchairs then you should have priority being disabled, you dont have the option to walk far.
    I have come face to face with people like this, when using crutches or a stick....the worse one was when I was told to get off the bus for not moving for a pram, if there had been seats near I would gladly move, but I find it hard to walk up the bus.
    Anyway I hope you feel better now you have had a rant xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    Hm. We do need a lot of patience and self-control sometimes, don’t we, Carol? Is this the disableder than thou, question under another guise :roll: ? I suggest you write to the bus company and ask them where, ideally, they would like you to put your rollator. (No, Carol, that’s not allowed :lol: .) Keep their reply on you when using buses in future.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Turbogran
    Options
    Thank you Barbara and Sticky

Barbara you would have thought that being disabled and on the bus first that yes I would have had priority, and I was so angry and upset that when I got indoors I ended up in tears :roll: But I do feel better for writing in down and I applaud you for reading the rant to the end. :lol:

Sticky I have spoken to bus company and tfl (Transport for london) and they will be looking into it so they say oh well we will see about that :roll: as For where I not them would ideally like to put the rollator I had better not say as I might be in lots of trouble if I did :oops: :lol::lol: I did Tell the passenger today that moaned that what was I to do with it As i wasn't a kangaroo and did not have a pouch to hide it in needless to say she went very quite. :lol:

Also spoke to forum helpline and they have given me the number of a group that may be able to help i rang them today and they are getting someone to call me back to see what further advice they can give me.
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Ye gods. What is this world of ours coming to? Does your rollator have a seat? If not how about buying a very cheap buggy and using that instead? At least you could wheel home your shopping. :wink:

Seriously, don't let these morons upset you. Old people have some of the worst manners in the world and in my experience bus drivers usually tend towards the 'jobsworth' type. Perhaps we need age-related buses: ones for those aged between birth and 18, then a set for those 18 - 55 then a set for those aged 55 and over. We need to sort out some good rejoinders for you don't we? I liked your kangaroo one! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,445
    Options
    Go you Carol :?

I am so unimpressed at a) the driver

and b) that ignorant passenger.

A complaint has been registered i see and I am right behind you 100%

Try not to let those horrible people upset you and please don't let it spoil your day.

We love you :)

Toni xxx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    this is a disgrace why do prams get preferential treatment they have legs they can walk. there always used to be places for pushchairs where you had to fold them it was hard when had 2 little ones but far better than what they have these days shopping trolleys have the same trouble around here why put a bus on a shopping route if it has no space for shopping we do not all have cars.
    i was so lucky yesterday had to go up to docs about 40 min walk so decided to get bus had stayed in to watch triathalon and set off got to square and heavens opened waited for bit sure it would slow well it did not where i was could see buss coming so set off towards bus stop and bless the driver he stopped and picked me up he was lovely bloke offering to sell us umbrellas for a £10 and having good laugh not many like him about val
    val
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Don't get me started on this!! :x I stopped going on public transport after having several run ins with elderly people and young mothers having the cheek to tell me to move because of my age! Niether asked me why I was sitting in the front of the bus, they just assumed I was being lazy! I even had to show my registered disabled card to prove! Even then the old lady had the nerve to still move because of my age! So now I use the 'dial-a-ride' service for disabled people it's the same cost as a bus fare but you don't get the cheek! I'm sorry but a disabled bay should be for disabled chairs and disabled equipment, like walkers not for lazy,young,dole dosing, baby machines to put there prams and push chairs that are payed for by working tax paying people! Why should they think they have the right to sit at the front of a bus? They are just lazy! They should be giving the chair up for someone who comes on the bus with a walker like Turbogran. That's why I stopped using public transport before I injured myself! Sorry for the rant! :oops:
  • Turbogran
    Options
    Thank you all
    all your replies really help
    DD my sentiments exactlly what is our world comming too loved the idea of age related buses.

Toni beleive me I was not impressed either :x and this time I am determined not to let the matter drop with the garage either at the moment I feel why should they get away with what I can only call discrimination against disabled peoples. and am dertermined to make my voice heard so watch this space (ha ha ) :lol: oh dear i'm sounding very evil :roll:

Val dont even go there :roll: I'm 64 with 2 children and 3 grandchildren and 1 great granchild and with only 2 of the six were born after the introdution of the disabled Bay with the others you just had to walk or fold your buggys up if you wanted to get on the bus.

Bubbadog You rant away girl all you like I like you feel the same way about The lazy ones and get so annoyed when the get on with their buggies at one stop and get of the next one and they expect you to move for them. and hen the ones who think the because thy have a baby in a buggy that they are the only ones who have a right to sit in disabled area.
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,445
    Options
    Carol

you could never be described as evil.

Just being assertive on behalf of yourself and all the other disabled people who are being discriminated against and feel too scared to speak up.

Well done you!

Love and strength and hugs

Toni xxx
  • Turbogran
    Options
    Thanks Toni
    That really helps my determination not to let the matter be swept under the carpet anymore. I'm waiting to hear from someone from the advocacy people who's number the forum helpline gave me they are going to ring
    me back Monday. So please think of me then. as Iv'e got to expain it all again to them and hope they can give me useful advice.Here's hoping they can.
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,939
    Options
    Hello Carol
    every as a right to use the bus if they want you were not in the wrong you did not say anything wrong they did.
    i gave up using buss's the driver wont wait for people to sit down and my balance is not good.i use dial a ride lovely door to door.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Absolutely appalling behaviour from people who should know better. I feel so angry for you! If only people were aware of all the difficulties disabled people face they may be more tolerant but its seems they just don't care.....Its a 'I'm alright Jack 'attitude with lots of people nowadays.

I think they say things because they see disability as a weakness therefore assume we cannot fight back. It must really put you off going out. Maybe they need to redesign buses to be more disabled friendly?

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    Options
    Absolutely Disgraceful

I would certainly write to the bus company , And getting thrown off the bus , how Awful for you .People are discusting these days they do not Queue for buses or in shops , most are scum bags so you dare not retaliate as you do not know what they have in there pockets .
    I'm really sorry this has happened to you .
    Good luck too you and hope all goes well .

karen xx