June/JulyAugust 2012 TKRs

Options
124»

Comments

• Helenbothknees
    Helenbothknees Member Posts: 487
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I dropped into the local leisure centre yesterday to see what classes they had, and ended up going to their hydrotherapy class in the pool this morning, described as being for people with arthritis, recovering from injury, and similar problems. Whagt a great class! The instructor had had two knee replacements herself so was an expert on them. Lots of useful exercises and loads of personal attention, and stuff to do at home too. And a nice social atmosphere and good coffee. All for £2.20; a bargain! Quads are now protesting, but that's probably good.

That's my Thursday mornings sorted, Tuesday is yoga, and I can spend two days a week each walking/cycling and doing strength-building exercises. One day off all exercise. That's the plan at least; we'll see how it goes....
  • SteveBurns
    SteveBurns Member Posts: 177
    Options
    Helen that sounds really good, well done for taking the plunge (pun intended) :)

I can beat that however, just listen to this.

I am an ex firefighter and qualify for attendance at the fire service charity centre in Penrith. That is a rehabilitation/recuperation centre and I am booked in for two weeks starting Sunday next.

I will be receiving intensive therapy for my knee, and anything else I need, this includes fitness room, two pools, (one hydro), possibly walking in the countryside and - if I can manage it a bike ride or two. (Need to get that bend further though :? )

Its full board for the two weeks but I am allowed home for the weekend in between. :)

No Wifi there so I'll be away from here for a while, if I get the time next Saturday I'll let you all know how its going. :)

I do like the sound of therapy but not too keen on "intensive" that sounds as if it will be painful) :(

Take care you all :D
  • Helenbothknees
    Helenbothknees Member Posts: 487
    Options
    Wow, that sounds really good Steve! :!: :!: :!:

Not sure I'd like to be away for that long though, unless I was going on holiday or something. Actually I'm a real home bod and I hate leaving my partner and my cats, which is why even getting to the leisure centre is quite something for me. I reckon I can do what's needed at home, but I do need a bit of variety, and hopefully this will give it to me. Anyway, let us all know how it goes, and I hope it works for that knee bend you need.

Take care,

Helen