Bloomin weather!

Options
joanlawson
joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
edited 16. Aug 2012, 18:38 in Community Chit-chat archive
I'm going on a trip with members of a club to Waddesden Manor,a NT property in Bucks, tomorrow. We've all been looking forward to going, but I've just seen that the weather forecast isn't good. It's been glorious sunshine for days now, but tomorrow it's going to be rainy and windy.
Bloomin weather :!: :roll:
****'s law if you plan anything special that it will rain :!:
Ah well, we'll still enjoy it, rain or no rain.

s010.gif s010.gif s010.gif
c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    never mind a little rain never hurt any one you never know they might have got it wrong and it might wait till you get back have good time val
    val
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Hope they have got it wrong for your trip.Mig
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    I hope you have a lovely day, whatever the weather.
    All the best,
    Numpty
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Waddesdon? I remember it well. I hope you have a good trip and the weather won't affect things too much as you can be indoors most of the time. Have fun and I hope you don't get too tired. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    I hope you are all having a good time Joan and that the weathermen were wrong and it stays dry for you

love juliepf x
  • georgie66
    georgie66 Member Posts: 403
    Options
    hope you have a good day joan
  • valval
    Options
    well how did it go hope rain missed you i got soaked coming home from work val
    val
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Hope you had a good day.Mig
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,417
    Options
    It hasn't half rained here today :?

Hope you ahd a good day anyway. A cup of tea and a slice of cake :wink:
    Love

Toni xx
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Unfortunately the weather forecast was right; it poured down at Waddesden most of the day.
    This is how I looked:
    th_wet_re05.gif

We arrived at about 12, and had a timed entry to the house at 1.30, so decided to have lunch early. We found that the expensive restaurant is right next to the house, but the cheaper one is quite a walk away. There is an open buggy to take you to the cheaper restaurant, but the rain pelted down and soaked us all en route there.

In our rather soggy state, we eventually went round the house ( very impressive ) but when we came out, the heavens opened again. This time there was thunder, lightning, torrential rain, the full works :roll: I left my friends sheltering under an awning, and braved it to a kiosk to buy cups of tea for us, getting even more wet in the process. All the way back home on the coach there was the smell of damp clothes as everyone sat gently steaming.

Bloomin English weather :!: :roll:
    th_raining-1.gif

Despite the weather, we all enjoyed the day :D
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Oh Dear joan sorry about the weather :( But hey if that picture is you you were dressed in the right gear and looked great :D

seriously.....the weather here was dreadful too around lunch time and I was thinking of you and a couple of my friends who were also on day trips.

I am pleased you enjoyed looking around the house though and despite the weather enjoyed your day :D

love Juliepf x
  • valval
    Options
    it had to try to spoil it for you but you did not let it get you down.
    i remember when we went to a christmas market in york the other year it did not stop to rain was soaked to skin (even with mack on) ended up buying pair of socks so could get feet warm on bus on way home then had to put wet shoes back on to get off was yuk lol val
    val
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,926
    Options
    Hello Joan
    i'm sorry you had bad weather was the journey good and the house.
    i bet you were pleased to see your house.
    take care.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Luckily, the rain didn't dampen our spirits, so we had a very enjoyable time at Waddesdon ( I've just realised that I've been mis-spelling the name in this thread :oops:)

I can recommend it for an interesting and enjoyable day out to anyone. Here's a link if you want to find out more:
    http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/waddesdon-manor/
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    Options
    The English weather is so reliable, isn't it? I made the mistake of a cricket match. Lovely in the morning. The rain descended as the bowler bowled the first ball after lunch and that was that for the day.

Still, it sounds like we both managed to enjoy ourselves, Joan.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Sorry that rain stopped play for you, SW. I suppose the rain is one of the joys of living in England, but we've had far too much of it this year. Our green and pleasant land is even more green though, and at least we can't moan about droughts and water shortages.