niece from New Zealand

Options
knuckleduster
knuckleduster Member Posts: 551
edited 18. Aug 2012, 12:33 in Community Chit-chat archive
Our niece from New Zealand arrives tomorrow and staying until Monday. Haven't seen her for three years though keep in touch via Facebook (don't know if I should say that, is it advertising?) It's going to be a scorcher this weekend, so there will be plenty of chatting, eating and drinking in the garden. Have cleaned the house from top to bottom, though I wish the wind would die down as we suffer from thousands of seeds blowing in through the open windows from my nieghbour's enormous silver birch tree.
You wouldn't dream of the places where the seeds end up! It's going to be a good weekend.

Janet x

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Have a great weekend, knuckleduster. And, if you should feel the need of another house to clean from top to bottom...I have the very thing :wink:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • knuckleduster
    Options
    No thanks stickywicket - one house is enough.

Have a good weekend.

Janet x
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    Have a lovely time. I'm sure you will.
    I have a similar problem with a neighbours Acacia tree (I think), not seeds but leaves, it seems to shed all through the summer. It's like confetti today :roll:
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Hope you have agreat weekend.Mig
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Have lovely weekend knuckleduster :D

Love Juliepf x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I hope you all have a great time together, I'm sure those years will disappear in a flash as soon as you clap eyes on each other. Viz the seeds, open the windows but maybe half-close the curtains? That keeps out the heat and stops them blowing everywhere. Enjoy yourselves, that's an order! :wink: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Have a great time Janet. Eating, drinking and loads of catch up chat, sitting in the garden, sounds perfect.

Oh .... so THAT is where all those little brown seeds come from, every year. :roll: My neighbour is the culprit then! Soooooo annoying. As you say, it is amazing where those little blighters settle, isn't it?

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Have a lovely time! Boy it is a scorcher today, even sitting under my apple tree I was burning.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Oh Janet that does sound so nice...you enjoy yourselves....can I just ask how you managed to get this weather.... :lol:
    Love
    Barbara
  • knuckleduster
    Options
    Perhaps my niece brought the weather with her from New Zealand. Needless to say there are a couple of bottles cooling in the fridge. Tomorrow Joanne is going to the 'V' festival in Chelmsford, but I shall watch it on the tv. My daughter is there today counting caravans for which she
    gets a free pass to the event. I should think there will be thousands of gallons of water (and beer) consumed there over the weekend. Last year my daughter and her boyfriend worked on one of the bars and they said "never again!" The staff showers had no lights, got covered in beer and we had to have the car windows open when we picked them up. Her boyfriend's job was to keep the bars stocked with beer and lager but it didn't come in barrels - it came in tankers. Can you imagine a tanker of ale?

Enjoy the sun.

Janet xx