RIP Winnie Johnson.

Options
dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 22. Aug 2012, 04:03 in Community Chit-chat archive
I heard on the lunchtime news that Winnie has lost her battle with ill-health. She was the mother of Keith Bennett, one of Brady and Hindley's victims. Her family had not told her about the latest to-do with Brady and his mental-health advocate (wisely so in my view) so poor Winnie has died without knowing where her lad lies. The word 'tragedy' is bandied about nowadays, it seems to be used to cover the trivial as well as the major but I think poor Winnie lived with a tragedy. DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hear hear DD.As a mother of three happy healthy children my heart goes out to her,may she rest in peace.Mig
  • diamond
    diamond Member Posts: 396
    Options
    I agree DD she indeed had already suffered enough pain in her life.So sad that she never was able to give her son Keith a proper funeral.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    Couldn't agree more, DD. This is real tragedy.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    I agree...the poor women was tortured for the want of burying her son...I am glad she's at rest bless her...we live quite near the moors and I still get a chill when we drive through them.
    Love
    Barbara
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    I can't imagine what she must have been through. Very sad.
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    poor lady has been through more than her fair share. RIP Mrs Johnson.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    She was a warrior and she never gave up fighting for her son. I can only hope if there is something after this, she is hand in hand with him, smiling and at peace.
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    I can't begin to imagine what she suffered losing her son the way she did but to not know where he is, is way way beyond imagination. I hope she has been reunited with him now. RIP Winnie.
    Christine
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    Options
    God bless you Winnie, I am certain as I can be that you are with Keith, at peace and can no longer be tormented by that evil monster who murdered your Son along with many others.
    I have watched and listened to you, over many years, often driving over Saddleworth Moor, knowing that you would be out looking, every week end. It is a bleak place, even in summer time. No parent should ever be out, digging in the ground, in the hope of finding their murdered Son.
    Rest in Peace.
    Bubbles
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • georgie66
    georgie66 Member Posts: 403
    Options
    god bless you Winnie
    i am sure you are with your treasured son Keith now
    bless you both
    Georgia xx
  • alanthemanc
    alanthemanc Bots Posts: 512
    Options
    D.D.
    I was talking to Alan Bennet on the web, only a couple of weeks ago, trying to help in any way I could in getting G.M.P. to restart the search fo his brother.
    I was of slight help to him regarding the M.P for Oldham and Saddleworth.
    Gutted for Alan, as he is a good guy. Thanks D.D. for opening this thread. Alanthemanc
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Yes this was so sad when I heard it on the radio and saw the clippings of her interviews. I am so very sorry that she went to her grave without putting her son to rest.

Rest in peace winnie I hope you are reunited with your son

Love Juliepf x
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    My daughter lives near Saddleworth Moor, so I have driven across it many times. It has a wild and bleak beauty, but it will always be a place of evil and sorrow too. Whenever I've been there, I have thought about poor little Keith and the terrible torment which his mother, Winnie, has endured over so many years. She never gave up the fight to find his body, but she was truly the last victim of Ian Brady. May she rest in peace now.
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • kellerman
    kellerman Member Posts: 741
    Options
    This poor woman has been tortured for too many years not knowing where her son was.
    May she now rest in peace.
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    My heart sank when I heard the news about Winnie Johnson, especially now that worm is banding about that he was going to give info on the were abouts of her son. But as my OH said the moors move about so know one will ever know were the remains are. So sad.
  • suncatcher
    suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
    Options
    Winne has been on my mind all week. I read the wear abouts of the body had been disclosed and that Winnie was dying of cancer. I thought maybe small chance she may get closure. Then i found out she had died and had requested her sons remains be buried by her. I was gutted i so wanted that lady to bury her son. :( He denied her that right the power mad b
    d. :x
    Rip Winnie you are with your son again now.
    The family my thoughts and prayers are with you
    Joanne