fantastic weekend with New Zealand niece

knuckleduster
knuckleduster Member Posts: 551
edited 22. Aug 2012, 15:10 in Community Chit-chat archive
Gorgeous time sitting in the garden with our niece from New Zealand, who will sadly be leaving us today to housesit for her friends in Wansted and then returning to NZ early September. When she arrived it seemed like only yesterday we had seen her last instead of this time three years ago. Joanne went to the 'V' festival in Chelmsford yesterday and had a really great time. I watched it on the tv and thought everybody seemed "so young". I must be getting old to think that. It has certainly be fun having her stay.

The only sad thing about the weekend was our sister-in-law being rushed into hospital with a suspected heart attack. Hopefully they will be able to sort her out and she'll soon be recovering at home.

Janet x

Comments

• Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I'm so pleased you had a lovely time with your niece. You had the perfect weather. :D
    I'm sorry to hear about your sister-in-law, I hope she recovers very soon.
    All the best,
    Numpty
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    So pleased you had a good time,hope your sister in law is doing well.Mig
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    It sounds like a very good weekend and a very successful visit. How lovely, as it's so important when we don't see them often that all goes well.

I do hope your sister-in-law makes a good recovery.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Oh Janet. I am sorry to hear about your sister-in-law..I do hope she will have a good recovery..but so glad you had a really good weekend with your niece...and the weather was good , it makes such a difference being able to sit in the garden.xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    Hi Janet

I am so glad you have had such a great visit. i thought you would - will you get to see her before she goes back to NZ???

I am sorry to hear about SIL - is she doing ok?

Love

Toni xx
  • knuckleduster
    knuckleduster Member Posts: 551
    Many thanks for all your good wishes for my sister-in-law. She is progressing well, but the doctors are still trying to find the cause of the heart attack. The strange thing was, she had popped into one of the mobile health check wagons in the High Street on the Saturday morning and was told she had an irregular heart beat and slightly raised cholesterol and was advised to see her doctor within a month and then, bang, later that day she had her attack.

Regret to say Toni we won't have the chance to see our niece before she goes back to NZ as she is darting here, there and everywhere. When she left us, she said "see you again in three years". I keep an eye on what she is up to on facebook and she has an amazing life out there - long distance horse trekking, surfing, tall ship racing, native drumming festivals. She is a freelance travel writer and is always off to far flung places.

Janet x