A BIT OF A RAMBLE!!!

Options
hileena111
hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
edited 21. Aug 2012, 14:39 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi
Just to tell you what happened on Sat.
I was meeting my daughter in the Metro Center and had my rollator with me. Normally Peter drops me off there but not this time. On the way there I was thinking "I need a disabled parking bay to get this out" Saturdays {even at 10am are packed}
I got the last bay there.
About 3 hours later we both came back to my car and guess what???? A TICKET....never seen a ticket in there before {private land} or a parking attendant for that matter...... anyway when i got to the car I realised that I hadnt displayed my badge.....It wasnt a matter of it being in Peters car ...it was in the pocket of mine but with the worry about not being able to get a bay I had completely forgotten :cry: How stupid can you get!!!
When we got home I sat down at the computer and with Sarahs help composed an appeal.....{a pathetic one} how I needed my badge and walker, I put in that I was an OAP as well and how sorry i was for all the inconvenience etc etc.....We were allowed 500 characters....Sarah photographed both sides of my badge and attached it to it then she said "I think thats grovelling enough mam" :oops: We sent it off....
Got a lovely repliy back saying that they were sorry for any inconvenience caused and they had checked my appeal and decided to recind the fine. Their parking attendants were trained to the highest degree and had to stick to all the rules their client {Metro Center} set but they understood.
We are the first ones to complain if someone parks in our place and hasnt a badge aren't we?
It has made me think twice about that now.
Anyway it shoes that they do have a heart.
Love
Hileena

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hey, a 'good news' BB story! That could be a first, Hileena :)

Seriously, I'm glad it all turned out well. I've been ticketed twice (in about 30 years) by jobsworths and both were reversed on appeal.

Maybe we should share the good news more often.

I'm pleased it all turned out well in the end.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • marrianne
    marrianne Member Posts: 1,161
    Options
    Well done Hileena, Just goes to show explaining calmly politely keeping anger at bay you can win in the end good to wake up to some happy news Marrianne :):):):)
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hileena

I am so pleased that you appealed and you didn't have to pay.
    I was going to tell you to write a letter :wink:

It happened to me once, but I was actually displaying my badge. The problem was that because I had put it down the window front and not on the dash it was said that he couldn't read the date. :x
    I did win my appeal thank goodness :D

This would have been a shock for you on your return, but I hope you enjoyed your shopping trip :) and bought something nice :wink:

love juliepf x
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi
    Thanks for your replies......it was a reminder to me to be more aware when I park.
    I dont think I would have appealed if it hadnt been for Sarah saying "Mam they can only say no" My attitude was it was my fault....but great outcome overall
    Love
    Hileena
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Hileena
    We did the very same at the supermarket, we totally forgot to to put the badge in...when we came out the man had made out the ticket but was still there, so we pleaded and showed him the badge, he gave us the address and told us to write a letter , we did and they let us off with it, but said they wont do it again.
    Like you say its a good reminder... :shock: glad you got it sorted.. :)
    Love
    Barbara