do joints ache more in hot weather?

Options
knuckleduster
knuckleduster Member Posts: 551
edited 21. Aug 2012, 12:15 in Living with Arthritis archive
The hot weather has never affected me before in any adverse way, but during the last few days my joints have ached more and more. Is this normal with OA?

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    This is another of those topics that keep coming up, knuckleduster and I think the jury's still out. Most of us dislike damp weather but, as for hot....?

I have both RA and OA. I've always found heat or, more probably, humidity, affected my RA. I'm not sure about the OA component but, although the RA is currently under good control, I still feel like a wet rag in humid conditions.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • lynnmick
    lynnmick Member Posts: 72
    Options
    i've found that the hot weather affects me and makes my sore joints swell even more, my right ankle swells and my right wrist as well, also i noticed that i kept on having a tingling sensation on my arms and legs when i sat in the sun, and i think this was caused by the plaquenil that i take, shame really because i love the sun and the hot weather so i'm a bit gutted.

Lynn x
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    I always struggle when in I've been to Spain so it does cause my joints to be more painful.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    My joints are awful in the humid weather...must say when abroad they didnt feel too bad..it was much more of a dry heat....suppose everyone is different...
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Cold and damp? Yuk. Warm and damp? Yuk. Hot and damp? Yuk. Cold and bright? Yuk. No matter what the weather does stuff hurts. At least my arthritises are consistent! :lol: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben