So who's got it then

Options
petals
petals Member Posts: 217
edited 23. Aug 2012, 05:10 in Living with Arthritis archive
Sorry about this, need to vent!

It was such a nice day I decided to walk to the Dr,s to collect my prescription (big mistake)

When I got there I was told my script had already been sent to my chemist (begins with B) even though I told them last month that I didnt want it sending there cos they always mess it up. Either it's not ready, or they can't find it or not in stock, anyway it already went so too bad.

So, I walk back to the chemist (I already passed it on way to Dr,s but never mind) when I get there they say sorry we don't have it, it must be still at the Dr,s.

I phone Dr,s on my mobile (premium rate number) and after 10 minutes holding on i decide it,s cheaper to walk back (again)

So back to the Dr,s I go, they have another rifle through several boxes of paper and say "no sorry, it's definately at the chemist. So I ask, can you make me out a new prescription as this on seems to be lost, "yes she says, come back tomorrow as there is nobody here to sign it" "but I'm at work tomorrow" I say. Oh she says, well try ringing us up if you have no joy at the chemist and we will sort it out.

Back to the chemist I go, "you definately have my prescription" I announce. "no we don't"." Well somebody has it and I'm not walking any further" and I plonk myself down on a chair. "I'll ring them he says" Good" I say

5 mins later he returns "they are not answering the phone" he says, "no, they wouldn't answer it to me either" I say

So he offers me one emergency dose of my mtx (to tide me over) just as well really, at this point I may have swallowed the bloody lot in one go if he gave me more.

Anyway, I am now at home, my legs ache, my back aches my prescription is god knows where and I have to go back to the dreaded chemist at some point for the rest of my stuff. Trouble is I'm at work for the rest of the week and we are away for the bank holiday weekend until Tuesday.

How I wish they would prescribe more than 4 weeks worth at a time then I wouldn't need to go through this palava every month.

There now, I feel much better after that mega rant.

Sorry folks, back to your dinners/Tv,s/books or what ever you were doing before I rudely interrupted you all

Love petals

Comments

• petals
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oops sorry, ment to post that on LWAF not working matters (see that's how stressed I am)

Petals x
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Options
    Popped it over here for you Petals

Hope it helps :)

Moderator AC
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    We stopped going to bts for exactly the same reason.Mig
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Oh Petals
    the very same chemist must be the same wherever you go, for years I had trouble with them when I was a carer for my mum and dad, and now my meds...so I found a lovely little chemist nearby, and they are great.
    Its awful having you running around like that, I do hope you get it sorted very soon xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    I stopped going there ages ago- I always got interrogated about my dose and why I took it which seemed a bit rich as it was always the same pharmacist. After 18 months of the nosey interrogation I gave up, my local pharmacy also recognise me but greet me with a grin and ask how I am, they even picked up on the dr prescribing a questionable antibiotic once! I miss them as my mtx jabs get delivered but I don't miss having to deal with that chemist shop...they do good nail varnish, that's about it.
    I really hope you get sorted out and don't have to keep repeating the show, how annoying! Rest the achy bits Petals
    LV xx
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • earthspirit
    earthspirit Bots Posts: 278
    Options
    your post made me laugh so much so thanks for that lol

same same same - on a sunday in dire agony trying to get 3 dihydrocodeine almost sent me flying off a cliff in despair. nhs24 trying to convice me that i could "phone round" and one of the chemists would help me - yea really? in aberdeen which is full of junkies trying all sorts of scams to get drugs i knew i was on a no hoper with the drug that i wanted. i did get them in the end after 12hrs and didnt swear at anyone once.

this is a regular thing with same chemist and it irks me a lot that they order drugs for me randomly so that when i go to collect what i need they also give me things or quantities i dont want. i think that i have acccused them of being scammers with the amount of prescriptions that they loose - well everybody is at it these days arent they so why not them lol

i think im quite kind compassionate and understanding most of the time but im not very good with incompetence and stupidity, when i turn into a rude obnoxious b*tch. if I with a capital letter make a mistake i always will admit this straight away (often giving other people a great laugh) and i think everybody else needs to be like this too. sadly some people will do anything but admit they are useless and stupid and that winds me up something terrible.

soooooooooooo my advice to people who get messed around by said company - be like me and complain and then maybe a mass movement of complaints will eventually provide a better more efficient service - after all they are making a lot of money off us med dependant people!
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    It's not just Bts who can muck up to an astonishing degree. My doctors recently opened a pharmacy next door to the surgery, complete with connecting door but even then managed to lose a prescription within a distance of about 20 feet. I think the basic rule is this: don't expect anyone to do their job as they should and always be prepared to pick up the slack yourself. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • petals
    Options
    Thanks everybody for reading my little rant.

Glad to know its not just me. I have calmed down now but still couldn't face going back today for chapter 2. I suppose I will have to leave work early tomorrow and go back to.....actually I'm not sure who to go back to as I don't have the faintest idea who has my prescription. Maybe I should go on roller skates in case there is any more of this scooting back and forth.

Good job I am a fit able bodied person isn't it, except I'm not, am I.

Oh well they said it wouldn't cure me but I didn't think it would kill me.

Petals x
  • friarygirl
    friarygirl Member Posts: 36
    Options
    Hi, so v sorry the chemist we also avoid here for the same reasons have messed things up. I am most def in a different region of the Country and think it might be time for you to email them and tell them this and even give the link here so they can see the replies.
    My neighbour who didnt know about the issues has started to need regular medication and they promised to sort it all out for him. first month no drugs, second month no drugs. Now given up and he goes to the proper chemist where they look after peoples needs!
    A relative of someone else - an elderly lady who takes what she is told and given was given the wrong drugs - same numbers eg however many milligrams and once a day but a totally different drug for a totally different condition.
    All by the "b the chemist" and all at different times and different chemists within their huge Company!!
    Hope it is sorted soon. FG
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Oh Petals :(

Hope you have a better day today and that the chemist and your gps get their act together

(((((((())))))

love juliepf x