More News on Julie

Options
dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 25. Aug 2012, 11:17 in Living with Arthritis archive
Julie has spent the past day or so in bed - so summat's not right for starters inasmuch as she's actually being sensible. :wink: She's been feeling giddy, nauseous and struggling with cracking headaches (which is probably thanks to her neck trouble). She called the doctor out today and apparently she has a small infection in her middle ear (hence the giddiness). No meds have been given for this as according to the doc it will sort itself out - :shock: - but she has prescribed a small dose of amytryp. My thinking is that this should help to relax Julie's muscles and thus might ease the headaches. I jolly well hope so.

Julie apologises for showing up then promptly disappearing but she hopes to be back soon. On the plus side her stump is behaving which is a good thing. DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• diamond
    diamond Member Posts: 396
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Sorry to hear you are having even more problems you rest up and take care.((((( )))))
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    I quite agree with your professional opinion, DD ("summat's not right"). Our Julie is a tough cookie and when she takes to her bed you know a doc is required.

I don't envy her several days of nausea and I very much hope the amytryp will help with the headaches.

A few more of these, Julie ((())). I hope stuff eases up soon.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Mega hugs Julie (((((()))))) Mig
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Dear Julie,

Get well soon. I have sent you an e-card for when you are feeling much better. Thinking of you,

Love and gentle hugs
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    Get well soon, ear problems are yuck, as are neck problems..the two together are lousy. Lots of healing love, LV xx
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    Options
    ((( Julie ))), I hope you get well soon. I take betahistamine for vertigo and anti sickness meds for the nausea when it strikes. Just a thought in case it doesn't clear up soon. Also I was told chocolate, caffeine,cheese and red wine make the vertigo worse.

I also take robaxin to relax my neck muscles when they spasm, in conjunction with the amitryptyline.

Rest hope and I hope things improve for you soon.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Oh Julie, I do hope you feel better very soon, you have had a rotten time lately..heres some more hugs on top of the others you have (((((())))) xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • Suestpeters
    Suestpeters Member Posts: 94
    Options
    and some more very gentle hugs from me x
    Fiddlersmall.jpg
    Fiddler, my lovely boy for 28 glorious years : 1981-2009
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    Julie, I really hope things improve for you very soon.
    Take care of you.
    All the best,
    Numpty

Thank you DD for letting us know.
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Good Morning everyone and thank you for your lovely hugs and get well wishes :D

AlsoThank you DD for starting this thread for me :) and letting everyone know that I am not well.

I am feeling much better today thank you but I assure you that I am still resting as I am feeling tired. (you can tell I am not well I haven't been whizzing around on my chair with a duster or been spending money in our local shops :shock: )
    I had a good night's sleep, now whether that was to do with the amitriptyline or just a fluke I am not sure.
    I still feel dizzy now and again, this is probably caused by the inner ear infection but the doctor says that it should pass within 10 days :?: :?: and it will go on its own without the help of antibiotics.
    I'm still not wearing the leg, for 1) it's easier to rest without it and 2) I want to give it enough time to heal inside.

thank you Suzygirl for your suggestion of anti-sickness tablets, another friend gave me that thought too and I did ask the doctor for some but she didn't want to prescribe me any, she did give me a reason but I can't remember what it was :roll: I guess I wasn't listening properly :lol:

Elna Thank you for your ecard, I haven't seen it yet but I will look shortly
    I will also reply to your e-mail soon too :wink:

Thank you again everyone
    Take care
    Love Juliepf x
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    Options
    Leaving an abundance of hugs and well wishes. Take lots of care, feeling sickly and dizzy is horrid. Stugeron is pretty good, which you can get from the chemist, just check with pharmacist that it is ok with other meds etc. XXX Bubbles
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Julie
    I am glad you are at least resting...we know you dont like doing poorly, but please make sure you get rid of the infection before you start whizzing round anywhere... :roll: :)
    now you look after yourself....(((((())))xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    to my lovely friend Julie... I'm sorry I've not been around, and an really pleased that you are starting to feel better. Also that you are resting, please continue to do so.
    Hopefully you'll be back to jousting in the shops again very soon.

Leaving you a whole heap of YBH's
    Xxxxxxxx
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,446
    Options
    Hi Julie

Sorry I have been awol recently but i have been thinking of you and am up to date on how you are doing :)

The amitrip sure does help you sleep :wink: I remember teh first time I took any I didn't wake up till 2pm....popped into the pharmacist for something else and he said: "Have a good kip did you?!"

Take care and I agree wizzing round with a duster is a bad idea just yet, but spending money :?

:lol:

take care

Love

Toni xxx
  • julie47
    Options
    Thankyou Bubbles, barbara, tjt and Toni

I am still resting I promise :shock: , I just haven't got my get up and go back yet, but I am sure it will return in a day or so. :D

:lol::lol: toni I have spent on the net :o ordered sone sandles in the sale from c**yf**t :D:D

You all take care too
    It's lovely to know I am in your thoughts :D

Love Juliepf x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,446
    Options
    julie47 wrote:
    :lol::lol: toni I have spent on the net :o ordered sone sandles in the sale from c**yf**t :D:D

Love Juliepf x

Go GIRL :wink:

:lol::lol::lol:
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello Juliepf, how goes things today? I hope the amytryp is helping the headaches and that the giddyiness is easing - but that will take time as that infection has to clear by itself. I bet you can guess what I'm going to type now: have you thought about missing the meth for a week just to help it on its way? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • julie47
    Options
    Hey Toni They came today (the shoes :P ) ain't half bad either :D:wink:

oooooh DD :oops: I took the meth last night :? ah well not to worry. :roll:
    I feel a lot better thank you :D I am sleeping really quite well :shock: thanks I think to the amitrip. Still get the feeling of dizziness every so often but the horrid headaches have (hopefully) gone. Back of neck discs feel swollen but I can cope with that.
    Just been to mum and dads and now (after I have been on here a little) I will be resting :shock: :D

Hope everyone else is ok and enjoys the long week-end :wink:

Love Juliepf x