Prince Harry

marrianne
marrianne Member Posts: 1,161
edited 29. Aug 2012, 02:03 in Community Chit-chat archive
Oh dear not again ,I like Prince Harry ,after some daft mistakes he has proven himself to being a great young man ,ok he is not as steadfast and sensible as William who will make a great King,but as second in command we could do a lot worse ,he is still young with so much temptation what on earth is he supposed to do , he is entitled to some fun his privacy should be respected ,I havent a clue what my son got up to at Harrys age but I know he has turned out fine ,why shouldnt he sow some wild oats once in a while other than that he seems well grounded well liked in his peer group he is hard working kind dare devil fun to be with and I am looking forward to watching him with wounded service men climbing some mountains ,I say leave him alone ,Marrianne :)

Comments

• joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Prince Harry is a great character, but he made an error of judgement to put himself in a position where someone could photograph him naked. In these days of photos taken on mobile phones, he should have been aware that someone might try to cash in on such photos. I guess that someone has made a lot of money from the sale of the photos to the American press.

I do agree that he should be allowed to have fun when he is young, but unfortunately he must always remember who he is too.
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    It’s sad but the guy can’t even let his hair down without some pillock with a camera sneaking a shot, the boy is in a full time media bubble for no other reason than being born into a royal.
    Anyway I’m not totally sure if this latest escapade might not actually be beneficial to his kudos long term, he’s obviously one of the lads and this shows he’s up for a bit of a laugh which in turn makes him seem more human than the average royal, he’s no stuffed shirt that’s for sure. Good on the lad I say life is for living and he’s certainly doing that.
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    Perhaps Las Vegas is not the place to be, to try and be incognito. Last time I went it was heaving with paparazzi looking for "stars". If he wants to run round starkers and have a pool party, maybe a location that is private, as in away from camera's. I am sure HRH will not be amused. :shock:
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    I agree with Joan, of course he is young and should be enjoying himself, but he must always remember that he is part of the royal family and second in line to the throne, I am surprised he let himself be photograph...or at least wasn't aware they were taking pics.
    Love
    Barbara
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    why can they not leave him alone it not as if the royals from long ago were that great they slept with who ever they wanted got rid of other halfs when some one else took there fancy so a little party in his own room should be no problem let him live his life and enjoy it he has very little chance of ever ruling the country would hate to see photos of my two when they were off with there mates val
    val
  • joanlawson
    You are quite right about the royals of long ago, Val, but that was long before mobile phones with cameras etc.so they could keep their behaviour away from the public eye.

I'm surprised that Prince Harry was so naive, and didn't think that he might be putting himself at risk of exposure ( pun intended :D ) He is young and should be enjoying life, but he is also a representative of the Queen, so he can't behave in a reckless way which would be disrespectful to the monarchy. I don't imagine that the Queen will be very amused by his antics.

Mell, I agree that his street-cred will probably have increased among young people, but I guess he'll get a telling-off from the Army as well as his Dad and Grandmother.
  • marrianne
    I still think he more than makes up for his daftness ,how we have moved on in the way we perceive our royal family ,remember shock horror when Prince Charles sneaked out of boarding school to drink cherry brandy in the pub ,I do appreciate the royals ,Its been such a good year for the Queen they will definately ride this one out looking forward to the program on Monday hopefully people will have let this one go and Harry has learnt if he cant be good at least be a bit more careful ,.Marrianne :)
  • fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    I like Harry

I think he is great , reminds me of prince andrew and his antics ,Maybe he needs to realise that he has not got real friends or the ones he has he needs to stick with them .
    I wish the media would give him a break , hes a great guy and i wish him well .
  • marrianne
    fowls48 wrote:
    I like Harry

I think he is great , reminds me of prince andrew and his antics ,Maybe he needs to realise that he has not got real friends or the ones he has he needs to stick with them .
    I wish the media would give him a break , hes a great guy and i wish him well .
    ..Well said Fowls o/h bought the Sun , poor lad such hypocrits the british press ,I told my o/h to chuck it in the bin ,Marrianne
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    It is sad to think some people don't think the royals should be allowed to let their hair down sometimes. The party was held privately and all phones were to be handed in but someone obviously didn't hand theirs in. He does a lot for our country and it is good to see that he is just as normal and human as the rest of us.
    Christine
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Well said , Tody , thought I was only one thinking this was odd behaviour . Surely the first thing you'd do before indulging in your nude party is check no one has a concealed camera or phone under their arm pit , and then , maybe close the curtains ! Afraid that I am still in favour of abolishing the lot of them . Jillyb
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Who the **** cares? I'm not sure who had the use of the family brain cell on that day but I think it's realistic to say that none of the royal family are usefully intelligent. He is not a berk as such but he cannot live his life as he may wish thanks due to his heritage. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • marrianne
    A tad harsh ,I would hate it if we had no royal family imagine the alternative ,colourless drab they bring in so much for tourism etc ,the Prince s trust Charles is good on enviromental issues ,apparently he has a really good grasp of political issues Camilla is involved in some very important issues and charities ,William and Kate have not put a foot wrong ,ok Harry has nt behaved done him self any favours but maybe he will get his act together ,he must feel very humiliated ,and let down by so called friends .Marrianne :)
  • dreamdaisy
    Hmmmm. I grant that we can do pageantry like no other and I hold a deal of respect for the Queen but surely even a numpty like Harry should be aware that to be bessie mates with a group of people he has never met is not that good an idea. I don't know if we will ever meet, Marianne, but I can assure you that if we do playing strip anything will be the last thing on my mind. Dignity is the key. Harry lacks that and, let's face it, he has form on that front. DD
  • marrianne
    DD,I definately thought Harry was stupid over the uniform and that offended a lot of people ,this latest stuff well I just keep thinking how he must be feeling now :oops: :oops: .........ohhhhh no I have never pranced to quote in the nuddy either ..............to bloomin old now ......couple more months to cold ......... your right about the Queen she has had such a good year to I keep feeling sorry for Philip he wouldnt be up for any high jinks with his bladder problems your up late ,I hope your not as poorly now but being on line late well it tends to be pain but you always say it will pass nite DD .Marrianne :)
  • dreamdaisy
    I can only attribute my being here this late to the fact that it's a Bank Holiday week-end. :lol: Oooooooh the glamour of knowing that I don't have to get up early tomorrow OR MONDAY. Ye gods, I am easily pleased! :lol:

Right, back to the issue in question. I think that the uniform debacle - and now this -supports the evidence that he is the 'flaky' one in this family. I reckon that most extended (blood-related) families have a flaky one they would rather no-one mentioned and he could be the current representative for the Royal Family. They are saddled with a life that is theirs purely due to the acident of birth, and the restrictions that that life offers are not to be ignored but surely they can cope with those restrictions better given the benefits that are on 'tap'. What do they have to worry about? Paying the bills? Choosing between food or feeding the 'leccy meter? Wondering if their credit card will be able to cover the cost of filling the family car so they can go to see Auntie Maud next week-end? How best to fill in the benefit forms as they can no longer work thanks to some horrendous disease? As to how he's feeling now, well, I reckon the word may be 'exasperated' because people he didn't know did stuff that they really, really shouldn 't. DD
  • joanlawson
    Some emphasis has been put on the fact that Prince Harry is young ( hence should be allowed to be foolish sometimes ) But he isn't a teenager who might not realise what he was getting into; he's a man of 27 and an officer in the Army who should have developed a sense of responsibility and maturity by now. Instead of that, he's developing a reputation as a playboy prince.

Military codes of conduct warn officers that they must maintain high standards of professionalism “both on and off operations”.

The guidelines state that members of the army must not display any “social misbehaviour”, especially if it results in any damage to corporate image or reputation.
    Harry would be well aware of this, but maybe he thought his behaviour would go unnoticed in America. How naive could he be?
  • dreamdaisy
    Naive isn't the word really, is it? I think it's a combination of stupidity and arrogance. He's thick, pure and simple. He may be a grand soldier and terrific brother but he lacks the intelligence to apply those qualities of discipline and loyalty when it comes to his tacky 'off-duty' exploits. DD
  • marrianne
    DD We should make allowances for being a ginger :lol::lol: bless him listening to the radio this am . this chappie said try to think of the positives and Monday he will be climbing that mountain ,I hope you ,mannaged some sleep ,I did not well 4 hours ,this TKR is not happy at the moment ,Joan has got a point about being in the forces showing more respect hopefully he will have learnt his lesson Marrianne :)
  • joanlawson
    marrianne wrote:
    DD We should make allowances for being a ginger :lol::lol:

My son's a ginger but I wouldn't make any allowances for him if he behaved like that :shock:
  • marrianne
    joanlawson wrote:
    marrianne wrote:
    DD We should make allowances for being a ginger :lol::lol:

My son's a ginger but I wouldn't make any allowances for him if he behaved like that :shock:
    ..........Oh that was so bad of me ,I apologise Joan :oops: :oops: ,It does make him more vulnerable thats all as one with auburn hair and joined up freckles knows Marrianne :)
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Sorry all and no intention to offend ; but he's not a silly , young child anymore . He's 27 and an army officer with copious amounts of money ~ it's about time he grew up and accepted that if he wants to be a royal representing this country , he needs to behave in a suitable manner . If not he can renounce his titles and money and , then , do as he pleases . Arrogant , ignorant and self centred spring to mind . Jillyb
  • lululu
    lululu Member Posts: 486
    My cat is a ginger tom and behaves better.

I have long stopped expecting better of Harry which is why I have to ask where were all these minders that the tax-payer has to fund were while all this was taking place. Or did a minder take the photos to fund a pension maybe?
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    If you have to go skinny dipping in private there is no point to it.
    the poor lad was just having a bit of fun.
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE