Consultant Appt

Options
SheilaD
SheilaD Member Posts: 201
edited 23. Aug 2012, 16:06 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi everyone, hope your all feeling reasonably painfree today.

Just an update really on my Rheumy appt this morning. I have been doing quite well up to 2 months ago but the aches pains and swelling have been creeping up. :roll: Anyway went to see my consultant today and he has confirmed that I have Sinovitis in both ankles, knees, right wrist and shoulders. Also I started with a raised rash about 3 months ago which has got progressively worse it itches like mad. So Consultant has decided to take me off MTX for 6 weeks to see if the rash gets worse or goes. Also had a jab in my b*m to cover me for the period I am not taking MTX and to go back in October for a review.

One thing I forgot to ask is should I stop the folic Acid aswell, if anyone can help would be grateful.

Love n Hugs
SheilaD xx

Comments

• Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi SheilaD,
    I'm sorry it wasn't better news at your appointment.
    I hope the injection helps.
    As far as I know, folic acid is usually given to counteract the side effects of meth. If the meth is still in your system, could it be you still need to take the folic acid for a while? I think you should contact your rheumy nurse to make sure.
    All the best,
    Numpty
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Sheila
    Im sorry I cant help with the meds, but I really do hope the injection gives you some relief, from what I have read on here they are very good, some people have them when going on holidays.
    Here's some hugs to keep you going ((((()))) xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • SheilaD
    SheilaD Member Posts: 201
    Options
    Thank you Numpty. I will get in touch with my Nurse.

Thank you for the Hugs Barbara will keep you informed how things are going.

Love n hugs
    SheilaD xx
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi Sheila

Lets hope that the injection helps and you are pain free for a while :wink:

when I was off the meth before and after op last december I didn't even think about taking the folic acid :shock: :oops: so I think that is a good question. I take it daily as well, apart from on a friday meth day.
    I never thought to ask :roll:

Anyway.....sending hugs ((((((())))))) and I hope the rash goes soon

love juliepf x
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Hi Sheila,Hope things are a bit easier for you,thanks for your good wishes.Mig
  • diamond
    diamond Member Posts: 396
    Options
    I hope your injection helps to ease things for you Sheila.x