Article in the newspaper

Options
pepperflo
pepperflo Member Posts: 91
edited 29. Aug 2012, 17:31 in Living with Arthritis archive
Just wondering if anyone saw the article in the "sun" newspaper on saturday about the man who stuck 2 2p's into his shoes and now he is saying he is cured of Arthritis.
Well since Saturday I have been walking around with these 2p's in my shoes :)
Anything is worth a try right ? you do forget they are there after a while, but the other day put my shoes on without socks, and when I took them off the coins were stuck to me feet, so don't try this without socks on :lol: x

Comments

• SheilaD
    SheilaD Member Posts: 201
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Pepperflo

Dont know about helping but it certainly put a smile on my face and am sure it will make a few on here chuckle.

I wonder how many people do strange things to help their arthur :lol:

Love n Hugs
    SheilaD xx
  • Soretoe2
    Soretoe2 Member Posts: 198
    Options
    Hello pepperflo,
    I saw it and it made me laugh too. I have terribly arthritic feet and the thought of standing on 2p coins.. no thanks.
    Years ago I was told if I put an onion in a sock and put in in the bed it would cure me of my arthritis! but then my hubby (who lost his hair years ago) was told if a cow licked his head his hair would grow back....
    These tales are all great but I don't think very practical, however a good chuckle is always appreciated.
  • pepperflo
    pepperflo Member Posts: 91
    Options
    I certainly will try anything once, and soretoe2 after a while you forget they are there :P not sure on the cow licking head thing lol.
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Oh pepperflo anything is worth a try :) and at least it isn't expensive :lol:

I hope it helps , keep us updated :)

Love Juliepf x
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi pepperflo
    Yes I saw the it, apparently it was suppose to act like a copper bracelet..so I thought nothing to lose...till my hubby said they aren't made out of copper anymore... :roll:
    Love
    Barbara
  • SheilaD
    SheilaD Member Posts: 201
    Options
    I just found out that the new 2p's are no good as they dont carry as much copper in them as the old ones. To test if it a new one try picking it up with a magnet the old ones you cant the new ones you can because theres less copper in them and more nickle.

The reason they are doing this is, because copper is getting very expensive.

A not very interesting topic but thought I would put it down :lol::lol::lol:

Love n Hugs
    SheilaD xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    As a result of this article the copper insole manufacturers stuck ads the papers last week-end, as usual they promised the world but only with words such as 'may' and 'could'. I maintain that these things work for those who don't have arthritis, just the aches etc associated with ageing. My late FIL wore a copper bangle which he was unable to remove due his joint distortion. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • earthspirit
    earthspirit Bots Posts: 278
    Options
    why dont we all go to the shops that sell old coins and buy some really worn old pennies???
    that would not cost a lot and we could buy a few and stick them all over our bodies and lol & behold, we could then all go on tv saying we were cured.

makes sense doesnt it? .......well i think so anyhow :lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • LesBrown
    LesBrown Member Posts: 37
    Options
    Do you think if we used 2 x 10p it would work 5 times as quick :lol: