I'm going to Mickey Mouse's house!

Options
Starburst
Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
edited 29. Aug 2012, 13:50 in Community Chit-chat archive
Au reviour!

I'm leaving tomorrow to visit Paris with my dear best friend until Monday night. I went to Disneyland as a child but will be returning for a weekend break of fun. This time, I'm old enough for cocktails! Just one though. ;) We're hoping to spend at least one day touring the city because, although I've been to Disney, I've never actually seen all the delights Paris has to offer.

I've not yet fully agreed to a wheelchair but I'm thinking about it....! I'm going armed with my super sonic trainers which seem to be doing wonders for my poort arthritic feet. I'm temporarily on prednisolone which should hopefully give me the boost I need. I'm beyond excited especially as I haven't been on holiday for 6 years due to ill health.

I have vowed to eat lots of ice cream, take lots of pictures, balance excitement with rest breaks and I'm going to buy a massive Mickey Mouse because I've always wanted to. No idea where a giant Mickey will fit into our new smaller house but I don't care. I'm fulfilling my childhood dream of having an oversized stuffed Disney toy on my bed. :lol:

I'll bring you all back lots of love, fun and excitement, I promise.

Happy bank holiday weekend, everyone!
love Sophie x

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Sophie
    Good for you , I am sure you will enjoy every min, but please agree to a wheelchair, I have got one, and the only place I havent used it yet in in my own town...we take it with us and I push it till I cant walk any farther...I will not give up on my exercise... then I have a ride in it.
    If DW Paris is anything like the Florida one, then you will get preferential treatment and lots of help if you have the chair.
    Now have a good time and I cant wait for the update.xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    You go for it girl! :D
    I'm sure you'll love Paris.
    Have a fantastic time.
    All the best,
    Numpty
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Hope you have a really fantastic holiday.Mig
  • georgie66
    georgie66 Member Posts: 403
    Options
    hope you have a great holiday enjoy
    georgie
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    You are probably on your way now but........HAVE A LOVELY TIME :D

love juliepf x
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    Thank you for the kind messages. I had the most amazing time! In the end, we spent the entire 3 days at Disneyland as we felt Paris was too much walking for me but it was still fab. Everyone was so accomodating of me and my extra needs. I got an easy access card which meant no queueing so I went on every ride, some of them twice! I'm a bit of daredevil and love hanging upside down. :D

In typical Sophie fashion, I managed to injure my hip getting out of a ride but my physio gave me a good stretch this morning and thinks it will heal with time and rest. I'm not nearly as sore as I had expected which is good. I spent far too much money, ate far too much junk food and giggled like a 5 year old.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Wow you did make the most of it, Im so glad you had such a good time, and how nice to be treated so well.
    Bet you cant wait for next time.. :D
    Love
    Barbara
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    sorry but he lives in america i seen him there with mini
    unles no its not true tell me its not true
    theres 2 of them i dont believe it
    Colin
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,414
    Options
    I am so glad you had such a fabulous time Sophie :D

i hope all those newly diagnosed see it and realise there IS life after arthritis and it's pretty GOOD!!!Love

Toni xxx
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    So glad you had a great holiday.Mig