Nerve tests

Options
Heather65
Heather65 Member Posts: 262
edited 28. Aug 2012, 08:43 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all,
well after all my tests ive had and so so results im yet again being sent for more tests ,my doctor wants me to have nerve tests done because im still getting pins and needles in my hands and numbness ,
so ive got a appointment in september ,but i bet they will find that its all ok !
Heather x

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I recently had those done and they led to a diagnosis of carpal tunnel syndrome. Your symptoms sound very much like mine - I was given working splints to wear at night and they have made a great deal of difference. Good luck with the tests, some people sail through them with no trouble but I wasn't one of them. :oops: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Soretoe2
    Soretoe2 Member Posts: 198
    Options
    Hello Heather,
    I had Nerve Conduction tests some years ago for symptoms that we thought were from Carpal Tunnel. It turned out the problem was coming from my neck (cervical spine) and elbows.
    I wish it had been Carpal Tunnel as there's an operation that is very successful for it. The spinal option's not so good.
    Good luck in September when you have the tests, hope you get a good diagnosis and outcome.
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi, I've had them several times for carpell tunnel and they also found ulna nerve problems. Talked to the surgeon about that and I said that its not bothering me too much so I have tests from time to time to make sure its not worse.

Good luck with the tests, I hope they find something that can be helped. Love Sue
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    Options
    Hi Heather
    It is a pretty quick test, wiring up your hands and moving the conductor to various places.
    I was told I had carpel tunnel in both wrists, but the other nerve problems are from my cervical spinal problems. Consultant said, we can easily sort out the carpel tunnel, but I am not going to do any surgery on your neck, not with all other medical problems. I have soft splints too, which help take the pressure off and rest your wrists / thumb.
    I hope they find out what is going on and can help solve things. xx Bubbles
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • Heather65
    Heather65 Member Posts: 262
    Options
    Thanks all for your replies,
    this is just another test to add to my list ,ive had a operation on my elbow two years ago and nothing changed ,my doctor seems to think its coming from my neck,
    What ive read on here it doesnt look like i will have anything done !but will go along and see what happens ,my neck is no better and at the moment is giving me quite a lot of pain ,i also have to have another blood test for vit b12 deficiency more needles :(