I've deserted my husband!

Options
JuliaHod12
JuliaHod12 Member Posts: 456
edited 25. Aug 2012, 07:29 in Community Chit-chat archive
So..............after my TKR (24th July) I have been having terrible trouble sleeping and the cause seems to be mostly our memory foam mattress.

I have taken to sleeping in the spare room and have a much better night since my new knee doesn't get roasting!

Any suggestions for deflecting the heat off my knee and back into the mattress gratefully received since dear old Fluffy isnt happy about the present arrangements! :lol:

Comments

• Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I believe you can get stay cool pads for pillows and mattresses. You can get double or single, so Fluffy wouldn't have to lay on it :lol:
    I don't know how or if they work, might be worth a try though.
    Good luck,
    Numpty
  • elainebadknee
    elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
    Options
    Oh Julia!

Poor old Fluffy! I hope you are doing okay after your TKR and yours and Fluffy's bereavement also...
    Im afraid i dont have any tips but it sounds a tad frustrating to say the least, its been boiling hasnt it? At least youre getting a sleep albiet apart!

Bless!

Elainex
    JuliaHod12 wrote:
    So..............after my TKR (24th July) I have been having terrible trouble sleeping and the cause seems to be mostly our memory foam mattress.

I have taken to sleeping in the spare room and have a much better night since my new knee doesn't get roasting!

Any suggestions for deflecting the heat off my knee and back into the mattress gratefully received since dear old Fluffy isnt happy about the present arrangements! :lol:
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Sharing a bed is highly over-rated. I get in his way, he gets in mine, it's a problem. He gets hot, I don't, I want the window wide open, he doesn't. If separate sleeping is one of the rewards of a TKR I can't wait! If you do want to return to the marital slumber patch then I suggest a hot water bottle about 1/4 filled with ice cubes. As they melt they should provide coolth. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Im afraid I deserted my hubby quite a while ago...like DD says..I get too hot, I am all over the bed with pain..he wants the window closed...sometimes we do meet on the landing :o:lol: ....bless him he is so patient...but I do love my little bed... :)
    Love
    Barbara
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Mr Mig thinks he owns the bed and has to sleep in the middle.Mig
  • marrianne
    marrianne Member Posts: 1,161
    Options
    Julia ,Thinking of you both been such a rotten few weeks ,maybe the cooler weather and the next few weeks bring a little respite are you week 5 now ?Marrianne :)
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    I deserted mine a few years ago as he made sleeping so difficult. He's not happy about it so have to make up for it when I can :oops:

But he likes the T.V on and lights off. I like some light and no noise!

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein