The Norway shootings

Options
rondetto
rondetto Member Posts: 2,526
edited 25. Aug 2012, 22:01 in Community Chit-chat archive
Just heard on the news that the lad who killed 77 people in Norway has been given 21 years jail with a minimum of 10 years. How ridiculous is that?
He's only 32 now so if he's let loose in 10 years he'll still be young and who knows if he's still dangerous he could do it all again.

Comments

• marrianne
    marrianne Member Posts: 1,161
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    watched this on the news,what a truely evil man ,his vile smirking turned my stomach ,I believe that was the maximum sentence that could be given .Marrianne.
  • rondetto
    Options
    But with 77 killings he could have had 77 life sentences, at least in the UK and the USA. Not sure about the laws in Norway.
  • marrianne
    Options
    Good point Rondetto,I dont know about Norway either ,but death penalty would Mnot be harsh enough ,some of those victims were barely in their teens M arrianne
  • rondetto
    Options
    See him smirking when he was sentenced, and the only response was that he wished he'd killed more.
  • marrianne
    Options
    Thats what was so distressing to see such evil he was totally and completely convinced that he had done something good ,Very frightening ,Marrianne.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Apparently they've found him to be sane which is worrying. I doubt he will ever see the proper light of day again plus he will be costing the Norwegian taxpayer an awful lot of money over the next few years so why not shoot him? There's no doubt about his guilt. Just finish him off. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • rondetto
    Options
    Good point, maybe someone is prison will have that idea. Hopefully.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Ron
    Its a strange sentence, apparently they can keep adding to it...you certainly cant let this man out, if he is sane then the jury are not. :?
    Love
    Barbara
  • rondetto
    Options
    So true Babs, he'll still be very young and a danger if they were to let him out, even in 21 years time.
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    I'm sure that he will never be let out of prison. I've never seen such a face of evil as his when he was smiling in court. Maybe after a life sentence he won't be smiling any more.
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif