Bendy Bones!

Options
7worlds
7worlds Member Posts: 302
edited 25. Aug 2012, 13:41 in Living with Arthritis archive
For the first time today, someone commented on the shape of my left hand. Even though i have been in pain,i didnt realise how much it has changed shape lately. The scariest thing is, it seems to have happened very quickly. The knuckle at my index finger is jutting out and the finger itself is starting to lie over to the left. Does anyone know if its likely to get worse and is there anything i can do to prevent it?
Ta.

7worlds

Comments

• LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Ooh 7worlds that doesn't sound good and I think you should get that checked out with a GP or rheumy nurse. I hope it doesn't hurt. I have some deviation in my finger joints and that happened quite quickly. I reckon it's best to check it out. Please let us know how you go on. Love LV xx
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    Hi 7worlds,
    my hands are quite badly deformed.
    I have physio for them, exercises and splinting. It may have slowed down the damage but, unfortunately it hasn't improved them. I now face surgery.
    Hopefully if you start yours sooner, you will have more success.
    I don't know which arthritis you have, mine is RA.
    Wishing you well,
    Numpty
  • 7worlds
    Options
    Hey LV and Numpty.I have RA. I saw the rhumy two weeks ago. He had a look and got me to go for xrays, I am in pain with it, but its wasnt until someone else noticed it that i really noticed it myself. I got xrays done a year ago and there was some degeneration then, but it must have got worse. Strangely, it only seems to be the left hand.At the minute anyway. Maybe i should try and find out what the new xrays say instead of waiting until i go back to the hospital. Would my doctor be sent the results, do you think?

Ta

7worlds
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    Do you have a rheumy nurse you could talk to? It was the nurse that referred me to the physiotherapist. I really do think the sooner the better with these things.
    All the best,
    Numpty
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Hi,my right hand is quite deformed,when the fingers or toes start to turn its usually theright hand fingers point to the right,the left hand fingers to the left,this is called sub-luxing.I would go to gp they should be able to access your hospital records,my gp can look at mine.Mig
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    I tend to be one side (left) worse than the other. GP, rheumy nurse or rhemy's secretary but I'd definitely see if I could hurry up the result. I really hope it settles for you xx
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi
    In answer to your question about the GP....I would think he would receive the x rays? Or at least a letter.
    Any time you go to the hospital aked to be copied into all the correspondence. Then you should get copy letters that are sent from them to anyone else {GP's etc}
    Like me you probably wont understand them :lol: but at least you'll know they have received the letters and you might make some sense of them or if not take it with you to the GP {or whoever} next visit and ask them what certain things mean
    Love
    Hilena
  • 7worlds
    Options
    Thanks for the advice everyone.Think i,ll give the rhumy nurse a ring on Monday and see what she says.

7worlds