not a happy bunny

Options
babytiger
babytiger Member Posts: 360
edited 27. Aug 2012, 11:06 in Living with Arthritis archive
Managed to open a PDF report from my solicitor (after Virgin being down for 2 days) .
Their medical expert doen't think there warrents a caae for my knee at this time BUT may consider if Sheffield finds anything they can do .
Thank you ,you have left a former fit and healthy person ,to someone that cannot bend,straighten or walk more than 10 minutes on their right leg.
Sorry for the rant but am a bit disheartened this morning
Eileen

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Aw, dear Eileen, I feel devasted for you. I am sure you must be feeling much more than "a bit disheartened". I have followed your journey on the forum regarding your knee op and post op and have felt and feel so much for you. That was a horrible and seemingly unjust report that you have just read from the solicitor. I am sure sometimes these people all stick together to cover each others back. I wish I knew what you could do about this dreadful outcome.

Love
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • babytiger
    Options
    Thanks Elna,
    I am keeping my fingers crossed now to see how I fair at Sheffield.I have another appointment with orthopepic surgeon at end of month,so going to ask lots of questions..he himself said he would probably have to operate again but am really disappointment with report especially as I had told them it has happened to a few people and a couple are actually sueing.
    Eileen
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    That's not good news is it? If you have concerns and there are other people suing I think you can request a second opinion. I know I once did with a legal claim from a car crash and the second opinion made a huge difference to my claim. It might be worth checking if you can do that.
    Good luck, LV xx
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    hi,
    I'm sorry to see your post, it must be awful for you. Legal cases can cost the earth in money and stress, but someone has to make a stand if something needs correcting.

If you know of any other similar cases, maybe you can get together either on the net, or somewere convenient for you all and talk over things that are wrong and approach the hospital as a group. Sometimes groups can be more effective than 1 person on their own and you can support each other.

Good luck, love Sue xxx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Oh Eileen
    I am sorry, you have gone through so much and now it has come this, I really do wish you good luck with it all xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • Soretoe2
    Soretoe2 Member Posts: 198
    Options
    Hello babytiger,
    Just wanted to add my support and sympathy.
    I was badly injured in a car accident 12 years ago. I was a non fault passenger but due to my already considerable disability the other person's insurance company tried to say I wasn't injured, which I was and had the stitches and scans to prove it. A stupid doctor sent a report saying I had no injuries, heavens knows why and they all closed ranks about him. A big bun fight ensued that took 6 years of quite frankly lies on the other parties part to sort things out.
    I know it's different type of case to yours but felt that the hospital could have been more helpful. They always want to protect their backs, especially where negligence is concerned.
    So good luck and keep fighting, truth always outs in the end, don't let them get the better of you. Joy
  • babytiger
    Options
    Thanks for all the support and comments,its great to be able to air thoughts and have people listen to them.Got to give solicitor call tomorrow ,so see what she says and waiting to go back to see consultant ,so lots of questions for him as well. Had a really bad day today ,every step was agony.....how can I walk without putting my right leg on ground (I wish) x
    Eileen