1st pain clinic appointment today

Options
tuppie
tuppie Member Posts: 16
edited 28. Aug 2012, 09:28 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello guys, wish me look I have my first pain clinic appointment today should of been 3 weeks ago but it was cancelled.

Am I been to optimistic and hoping for the hot sweats to be gone and the constant pain to be more manageable ?

Well I shall update upon my return xx

Comments

• Soretoe2
    Soretoe2 Member Posts: 198
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello tuppie, just saying good luck today with your appointment. Hope you get some answers and help. Joy
  • CJHunter
    CJHunter Member Posts: 1,038
    Options
    All the best fo today. tell them exactly how the constant pain makes you feel.
    Do let us know how it goes xx
    Clare xxeyeore-1.jpg
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    Good luck tuppie,
    I hope it's every thing you want it to be.
    Numpty
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi tuppie

I am in your pocket :D

Hope your appointment goes well

Love Juliepf x
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Hope all goes well.Mig
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Good Luck with the appointment tuppie..I really hope it goes well for you xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • tuppie
    Options
    Totally upset...she gave me Diclofenac which I had back in December feels like I have gone backwards 8 months and when I mentioned the hot flushes she wasn't interested and my sore joints again she said "your here for the back pain" no I'm here for a relief from 24/7 pain I cried my poor daughter (19) was crying with me....I was hoping for something more then what I have tried and didn't work then to be given the same tablets!

I have booked in with Dr today to see if he can do anything for the sweats as I feel this is one of the worst parts when you can't control your body temperature ....as the lady pain clinic woman said I just have to pace my self with my daily activities as if I don't already,....hark well ..
  • tuppie
    Options
    P.s she also referred me to the Back clinic so I can learn to be more mobile otherwise I will end up using walking aids sooner!
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    There is no answer or relief for constant pain. Nothing takes it away, all the tablets do is soften the sharper edges. I too get the sweats, I can no longer blame the menopause (when that was going on I would have to change my clothes as they would be wet through) so the ones I have now I put down to a combination of pain on moving and possible side-effects of the meds. I also get them at night, so I sleep with my pillow wrapped in a towel and I have another towel to hand to mop myself down. It's no big deal, it's just another thing to contend with.

I haven't been to a pain clinic yet but from what I have read on here they seem to offer a combination of meds therapy and developing coping strategies. It is so hard living with pain but it is something we have to do. I am so sorry your appointment didn't achieve what you were hoping for but there are no easy answers for any of us. It's not fair, is it? DD

PS Walking aids are no bad thing, they can make such a difference in terms of support and balance.
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben