I'm just a little bit

Options
Numptydumpty
Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
edited 28. Aug 2012, 16:13 in Living with Arthritis archive
pee'd off.
I had an appointment with my Rheumy this morning. It had been cancelled twice. My daughter came home a day early from her boyfriends, to take me. (I haven't driven for two years).
We had to leave at 9am, for the 9.45 appointment. I was just getting ready to leave when the phone rang. Rheumy's secretary to say my appointment has been cancelled again! This was 2 minutes to 9. What if I'd already left? I did ask the secretary this and she said they would have had to turn me away!
My new appointment is on Thursday at 2pm. It's all they could offer. I have an eye appointment in the same town, different hospital, on Thursday at 8.40. That of course means two ruddy journeys on the same day. Grrrrrrrrr.

Comments

• mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I'd be more than peed off Numpty as DD would say Borrox.Mig
  • loovechocolate
    loovechocolate Member Posts: 77
    Options
    Oh dear that sucks today must be lets cancel appoitments day I had one cancelled at 9:15 for a 10:00 app try to smile
    :D
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    that so poor but at lleast the wait is not to long will be in your pocket val
    val
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Oh ND they dont seem to care, I have had this done on me and when I got there they said we rang you to tell you not to come...god knows who they rang but it wasn't me.. :?
    Good Luck with it I do hope its a good appointment xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • Heather65
    Heather65 Member Posts: 262
    Options
    What a pain dont they realise people realy need these appointments and how upsetting it can be ,lets hope your next one goes ok ,
    Heather
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    how annoying numpty :x I would be furious too.

Lets hope that you have better luck on thursday and that the appointment is a good one.

Love Juliepf x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Bl**dy typical. My rheumatology waiting roon has a whiteboard on which they number the 'missed' appointments on a monthly basis, the implication being it's all the fault of the patients. Once it was my fault - and I signed the board 'guilty as charged' (that was soon rubbed off) but I often wonder how many of these are actually those cancelled by the department itself? Swan in on Thursday and when you're graciously summoned into the august presence sit tight and say you can't be bothered to see the doctor. :wink: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,926
    Options
    Hello Numpty
    i'm so sorry i hope thursday is a good appointment
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    Options
    Not a good way to start the day, especially in view of the other two postponements. And, of course, your two Thursday appointments are far apart timewise. Maybe, instead of two trips, one? First appointment, followed by a trip to a museum, art gallery, shopping centre, etc (whatever rocks your boat) followed by a good pub lunch followed by appt. no.2. (Go easy on the alcohol at lunch time. We don't want you rolling in pie-eyed, singing raucous rugby songs, especially if a blood test is scheduled :wink: )
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Oh yes we do! :wink: Numpty, I'm sure you will sort things out to make the best of a bad deal but make them aware of your irritation. There does seem to be a general assumption in the medical profession that our time as patients is of no value. My consultant begins her working day at 9am, well, I say begins, the two patients booked in at that time are there and she swans in about twenty minutes late. It's disdainful, dismissive - ooooh - that's another DD! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    thanks for all your replies.
    I suppose it depends how long my eye appointment takes as to whether I stay in town between appointments. The last one was three hours, but I did have my tear ducts syringed then.
    Anyway, I'm sure I'll manage, it's just a bit frustrating. :x
    I do like the idea of going in there singing raucous rugby songs :lol: and then saying I can't be bothered to see the consultant :wink: But I don't think my daughter would be amused. :roll:
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    hi numpty no woder you a litte ? i would be to. Its not just the getting up but the whole thing, Cyking yourself up planning what you might say I don’t think they really understand
    Colin
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE