Update on Ill health Retirement

2»

Comments

• wall1409
    wall1409 Member Posts: 294
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Folks

Not sure If I too am about to start this journey after a recent telephone conversation with my team leader. I have been off 4 weeks and seeing a neurologist tomorrow as serious nerve damage is suspected. I cant drive anymore I walk in the house hanging onto a zimmer frame and no longer walk outdoors as cant. I have pins and needles in hands/feet. I wanted to return to work to try and take my mind off things and prior to the 4 weeks sick leave I was allowed to home work for 2 months(no questions asked, they were just happy i wanted to work). I have now been told I cannot work from home and would have to come to the office everyday untill I am up to scratch then they may consider homeworking on a 40% level 2 days per week but I need to see Occ health. I have not even seen Neuro yet and I am fully aware testa take time my cognitive impairment is affected badly hence why I know I cannot do my usual job but all I am asking is to be allowed to work doing less stressfull admin work which can be done from home. If I have to attend work everyday it will mean leaving really early to catch TRAIN and not arriving home till late again via train, this will wera me out. Sorry this is long but I feel the world is against me currently as also been turned down for DLA and have asked them to review it!!

Wendy
  • debram
    debram Member Posts: 115
    Hello Mellman,

Sad to hear you had a 4 yr fight to get retirement-I dont see why we all have such a battle and have to be put through so much. I understand you can be pushed to the edge.

Im now on no pay but as I said being retained for 6 mths. I am hoping a change in meds and my op next wk make me fit to work-if not-I dread to think what will happen- ill lose my job and havd to sell my house.

I went yesterday to see my nhs podiatrist (waited 6 mths) hes going to make me shoe inserts and we had a good discussion about footwear that will help. I was also told im double jointed which is why its causing more problems-so not just the arthritus! There is another name for being double jointed but I cant remember what it was. What I now know tho is that it means being" extra bendy" was good when I was young and did gymnastics but not so good now im 50! It also seems theres zvlink there
  • wall1409
    My GP has advised me not to work and let them finish me then I can claim , I've worked it out if I win with DLA and get esa work or un work related then I would be just under 400 a month worse off but will not have to travel into work so save train fares I cant drive so can sell my car so no more insurance and costs to fork out realistically I may not lose out at all. **** them, I have enough to worry about with my health I've worked for the council since 2004 never had any issues with lateness, sick, bad work infact I have had nothing but praise so if they dont want me anymore they can be the judge of that.

Wendy x
  • debram
    Good luck with DLA and ESA Wendy-glad doc on your side.

I wish I was brave enough to do the same but I was refused DLA! Ive appealed but Im not holding out much hope. When I sent in my claim I sent consultants letters confirming my problems but they didnt seem to take any notice. I explained with PA in my feet as soon as I walk they hurt but in their reply they said I can walk 50 watever it is so dont need help there so looks like they ignored what I wrote on the form to!.

I know they have a scoring system and a charity I contacted are aware of it so they are helping with my appeal as they said I score high so should have something. My G P doesnt think I should work too and cant believe my employer wont let me retire early on ill health.

I hope you have success with your appeal for DLA.
    PS can I ask how long you can claim ESA as Ive been awarded income related ESA but thought it would run out after a year.
    Many thanks

Regards

Deb
  • wall1409
    To be honest that walking 50 metres they put on mine also I have asked them to review as I disagreed in their decision but I am willing to go to appeal and take it higher if neccessary(nothing to lose) but a lot to gain if I win. Unsure about ESA as I have just read about it but I thnk you get it for 13 weeks then are reassessed as to what tier you are put on either way its income coming in also I did a benefits checker and if I lose my job but qualify for DLA we would get working tax credit so trust me DLA is worth fighting tooth and nail for I have always worked even with disability's but now its worse and I am struggling, my cognitive impairment is affected badly so if could end up disciplined if I make a mistake in my job..

Wendy
  • debram
    Thanks Wendy -Good luck hun.

Just read govt web page re ESA. How long you get it depends on if your in a support group or not and there are changes due

Good info on there -so google the question for answers as Ive just read as Im in a support group as Im deemed unfit for work -there appears to be no time limit on claiming it. Of course if I do get better Ill advise them to get it to stop as Ill be fit to return to work.
    Deb x
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Hi
    Just read all your posts
    I must say the DWP regarding ESA are a load of bungling idiots
    As I was off 6 months & went on half pay I was entitled to esa at £71 a week
    Didnt see a penny of it they made excuses saying they didnt have my bank details and could I tell her over the phone i said no I never give any details over the phone was also told they needed original sicknotes which HR kindly returned them to me
    In middle of this had ESA assessment findings were I was fit for work but a letter two days earlier from Atos same company used by DWP stated I was accepted for ill health retirement Tier 1!
    So sent off my appeal with all the information I had sent in for ill health plus the acceptance of ill health
    Still waiting for answer to appeal but since then a lump sum of money appeared in my bank account
    No letter to explain why then last week had a letter a day even 2 at the same time
    Wont go into details but me & hubby are totally baffled they all seem to contradict each other & still no reason why money appeared in account!!
    One sent on 24/1/13 stated they wanted my sick notes before 3/1/13 I know unbeliveable!
    Think their whole set up needs looking in to and Im sure I can do a better job couldnt do a worse one!
    what I have learnt is that we keep fighting them
    I feel they make it so difficult that we give up
    Keep strong
    Maria
  • debram
    Shocking!
  • maria09
    I know!
    Hubby came home last night and told me another payment from ESA!
    Still no letters to say why or that my appeal has been successful!
    It's a discrace! Total incompitance
    So still waiting for those brown envelopes
    Just got my pension package so once it's sorted I can say goodbye ESA !
    Maria
  • debram
    goodbye and good riddance eh?

I went to a podiatrist mon-told contributing to my probs iI got double jointed toes -got probs with ankles and instep. The fact that it isnt only my toes thats double jointed means im hypermobile-thats why ive had prob shoulders with bursitis and internal prolapses-benign tumers in my knee etc etc etc! All linked!

Took an appointment with the "foot doctor" to get real answers!

Heres me thinkin Im gonna get better and work-god knows what will happen now-I hope ill be reasses by work for e r ill health but wont hold out hope.

My battle goes on! lol

Regards
    Deb x :D
  • Arethro
    Arethro Member Posts: 6
    My father retired on ill-health reasons few years back. When they would have left few weeks to celebrate their 33rd wedding anniversary. When they advised to get an improved personal retirement living. But they still have support behind them as their children.
    Fairways Supported Living
    182-184 Hursley Road Toowoomba QLD 4350 Australia
    Phone : +61 1300 765 051
    http://www.fairwayssupportedliving.com.au/

• maria09
    Hi Deb
    Found this website called dwpexamination.wordpress.com
    Very interesting in deed :!:
    Lots of facts :!:
    Did you know you are entitled to have your assessment recorded no matter what they say Chris Grayling in a westminster debated quoted this in Feb 2012 and has been available since Nov 2011
    DWP omit this :x
    Wish I had known before mine :x
    Did you know a total of 34 deaths recorded of people being found fit for work by Atos :x
    It beggers belief
    All I know now is Im going to fight them tooth and nail
    What they depend on is that we are too weak or incapable of defending our selves :x
    So bring it on DWP
    Thank god ive got my ill health retirement
    Now I have time to fight :x
    Hope you are ok
    Maria
  • maria09
    Arethro wrote:
    My father retired on ill-health reasons few years back. When they would have left few weeks to celebrate their 33rd wedding anniversary. When they advised to get an improved personal retirement living. But they still have support behind them as their children.

Hi Im sorry but I just dont undderstand your post
    Maybe im a bit dim
    Could you explain it please
    Maria