Hi, Welcome!

The community is a safe space for people living with and connected to arthritis to ask questions and share experiences. Get started by registering here and posting your first comment or question!

Sign In with a Versus Arthritis account

Tens machine

dollymixturedollymixture Posts: 14
edited 31. Aug 2012, 14:12 in Living with Arthritis archive
I have a tens machine that I consider a wonderful invention but at the moment, I am suffering horrendous pains in my heel.
I can't seem to get the knack of placing the pads in the correct position. Can anyone help? Where is the best place to put the pads for heel pain
Thanks. :)

Comments

• PetitessePetitesse Posts: 62
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Dolly,

I have only tried using the TENS pads on my back. However, I found this and maybe you can get some tips here:

http://www.biowave.com/website/Ankle Foot.html

I hope it will help you :)
  • barbara12barbara12 Posts: 20,906 ✭✭
    I have always been told to put the pads either side of the pain, but to be honest I have only used them on my back.
    I hope you can get some relief from it very soon x
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisydreamdaisy Posts: 31,567 ✭✭✭
    I'm in trouble with the back of my left heel and that is due to tendonitis in my Achilles tendon. I've never had much success with TENs machines but I have found that some doubled tubi-grip supports the heel and eases the pain. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • dollymixturedollymixture Posts: 14
    Petitesse wrote:
    Hi Dolly,

I have only tried using the TENS pads on my back. However, I found this and maybe you can get some tips here:

http://www.biowave.com/website/Ankle Foot.html

I hope it will help you :)
    Wow, that's a fantastic help, thank you so much. I in absolue agony at the moment. I will try this and see what happens. I have been using various ways with four pads to no avail.
    I will let you know how I get on. It usually works within half an hour or so. Thanks again.
  • TrayceTrayce Posts: 110
    I have just bought the tens machine that heats up