New to the site

Options
bellabee
bellabee Member Posts: 2
edited 27. Sep 2012, 14:43 in Say Hello Archive
Greetings to everyone, I have scoliosis, spodylitis and lots related!!! What a pleasure to have found this site. I have learnt so much in a few days and it is great to know I am not alone in this huge battle. Also that I am not going mad, other people are going through so much of the same thing I am. How can you explain pain to family and friends when they see no evidence of it? It is hard and frustrating. I am learning daily to keep a smile on my dial, have a quiet cry and then get on with it! I keep very busy with all sorts of things, all from the comfort of my chair, also when I am up for it go for a short walk, glad to be a part of the forums! Bellabee

Comments

• vwkamper
    vwkamper Member Posts: 132
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi,

Wellcome i to have found this sight to be very helpfull,
    i know my pain and problem's are not in my head and that i'm not going mad.
    Plenty of people with the same as you so your not alone.

lexy.
    P.M.A Positive Mental Attitude.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    Options
    Hello Bellabee and welcome from me too. No, you are not alone. Although we might have different aspects of arthritis (Mine's essentially R.A.) we do share the general ups and downs and aches and pains and difficulties of living in a world not particularly suited to our bodies.

Smile - and laugh - as much as possible. They're the best analgesics. When you feel like crying come on here and bawl as much as you like. We get the picture.

You'll find many more people on Living With Arthritis and Chit Chat. Please join in anywhere you like.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello from me too, I have PsA and OA and yes, it is difficult at times but I have found and made many friends on here and they always cheer me up when things are rough. I look forward to seeing your name here and there and I hope you find the forum to be as informative and supportive as I have. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • 7worlds
    7worlds Member Posts: 302
    Options
    Hey Bellabee. Welcome to the forum. Im in the RA tent, but as Sticky says, we are all very similar.

7Worlds
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,414
    Options
    Hello Bellabee

Lovely to meet you :D

You aren't alone!! You really aren't :) there are loads of us who totally 'get' you :D

I hope you decide to stay and am sure you will have as much to give as you will gain from being here

Love

Toni xxx
  • nicetomeetu
    nicetomeetu Member Posts: 63
    Options
    Hi Bellabee,

I am new here. I was on earlier but couldn't help logging on again. This good site could be addictive I can feel.

I understand what you mean totally. I mean how do we measure somebody's pain. Only the person experiencing the pain can feel it. There are days I have to crawl on my hands and knees up the stairs. Or I am in the bath and I can't find a comfortable position to climb out; or I can't get up fast enough to open the door, because my joints are so stiff. Recently with the fatigue and everything I am getting depressed and sometimes I will just start weeping talking to someone. I used to be a glass half full person all my life but now I just want to sit indoors not go out and all I see is doom and gloom. I have gone days not stepping outside.

On here, it is a comfort to know I am not alone.
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Hi Bellabee a big welcome

I am pretty new here as well I have OA and Neurological condition, I am so glad I found this wonderful site i have never met so many lovely helpful people you will get addicted as much as the rest of us, its a shame we all have to meet under these circumstances but its nice we can all be there for one another........tc.........Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles