The price of Carpets!

Options
JuliaHod12
JuliaHod12 Member Posts: 456
edited 15. Sep 2012, 04:44 in Community Chit-chat archive
:o
Gobsmacked at the price of carpets!
Must admit it's some years since we had to buy new, but we have a long lounge (4m x 8m) and have had to bite the bullet and get the carpet replaced. We moved in here about 10yrs ago and the carper was still in reasonable condition so we've left it until now.
Looked online at a major store........costs seemed reasonable ish.......but once they added all the little extras, fitting, delivery etc it very soon got over our budget.... :-(
So we went to a little independent place......lovely service, nice young men,and a nice quality carpet within our budget (ish)

still a lot of money though....... oh well, my tootsies will enjoy it...........and dear old Fluffy has been well warned not to wear his shoes indoors or he will feel my wrath!! :lol:

Comments

• mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hope it's not beige,nightmare to keep clean,we ask people to take their shoes off.Mig
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    It's always good to keep the little guys in business.

The front room in our first house had a parquet surround with a small inner square for a carpet. At a local shop that sold 'ends' we bought a lovely Axminster square very cheaply and it lasted for years. That shop is still in business and I'm very glad.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    get yourself some good old LINO
    Colin
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,466
    Options
    Lino wasn't made after 1957, there must have been large stocks of it around :wink::wink:

Do away with yer carpets or you'll end up following the grandchildren around with stain remover!

Its a grin, honest!
  • knuckleduster
    knuckleduster Member Posts: 551
    Options
    We've just had a new carpet fitted in the lounge and we were just 4 inches over the 4 metre width so we've got loads left over - enough to do the stairs the fitter said - but that would mean having the hallway, etc decorated first as the colour would be wrong. And hubby has been warned not to fall asleep on the sofa with a cup of coffee in his hand like he did once before and I came home just in time to find him and our son trying to take the sofa cover off and mop up the carpet.

Have a good weekend.

Janet
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    It is always good to shop around.

When I first moved in the house was a mish mash of other peoples old patterned carpets so couldn't wait to carpet the stairs and bedrooms in a nice neutral colour. Bet it looks lovely Janet.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein