microwave gloves

Options
mig
mig Member Posts: 7,154
edited 20. Sep 2012, 10:28 in Community Chit-chat archive
Does anyone know if there are any such things out there,i have little heat packs that you can slip in gloves but proper gloves would be good,i know you can get slippers but have not seen gloves. :?: Mig

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I haven't come across such things - when I was struggling with cold hands I wore two pairs of gloves, thin fleece first then thicker on top - snuggy! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    I've not heard of these either, mig. In fact, when I 'won' a pair of the slippers once, they too only involved placing a microwavable pad into a pocket over the toe section.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    bummer
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    I don't know where you can get microwave gloves, mig. It must be a gap in the market, so you should go into business making them.

In the meantime, I've found this site which shows how to make your own gloves to go in a microwave.

http://www.craftstylish.com/item/38336/how-to-make-hand-warming-gloves/page/all

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • frogmella
    frogmella Member Posts: 1,111
    Options
    I tried to reply to this yesterday but pc froze and then I gave up! They make battery operated heated gloves - any good? A quick google revealed loads of the from about £10.
  • arfaitis
    arfaitis Member Posts: 155
    Options
    If you have no success you could try battery operated heated gloves, if you use rechargeable batteries it will be worth it.
    I don't know how efficient they are but I am going to try them.
    See Here

Arfa
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,466
    Options
    My wife makes me hot wheat bags, all shapes and sizes, I use them a lot for pain relief, just be careful if you heat something for a second time, you have to adjust the time in the microwave as the heat builds up.

Two slabs of wheat bag sewn together so you can slip your hands inside would work or a hot wheat bag with a piece of double fleece sewn to one side, be careful with the timings though.
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,466
    Options
    Having a think about it, a double fleece pouch with a small wheatbag that you could drop into it would work better. You could have a few bags on the go then?
  • fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    Options
    Hi Mig

I have a little lamb , which goes in the microwave it has wheat in side , i will look on ebay as there is a nice lady whom sells these products some have lavender inside , unfortunately i burnt my one :shock: :lol: .

Fowls xx
  • fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    Options
    Bumping you up a bit .

they have been found micro gloves . :lol::lol::lol: