Have had a lovely weekend

Options
knuckleduster
knuckleduster Member Posts: 551
edited 17. Sep 2012, 09:14 in Community Chit-chat archive
Yesterday had a family pub lunch to celebrate hubby's birthday last Friday and our daughter's birthday tomorrow. Then sat sunning ourselves in the garden whilst eating chocolate birthday cake. Today went for a stroll at Hanningfield Reservoir and then sat on the cafe's veranda with a pot of tea and watched the fishermen out in their boats and the ducks swim by. Plenty of bird life today and I can certainly recommend it for a pleasant couple of hours, with free parking too. :D

I don't know about anybody else, but I can feel autumn approaching in the air. There is a promise of fantastic autumn colours this year due to the wet summer, so we shall be off to the woods. :lol:

Janet

Comments

• 7worlds
    7worlds Member Posts: 302
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hey Knuckleduster, Autumn is defo my favourite time of year. Its lovely to watch all the trees change colour.

7Worlds
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    That does sound truly lovely! I'm glad you had such a good time. I heard we were in for a pretty autumn, compensation for such a rubbishy summer?!
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    That sounds like a perfect weekend, Janet.

Happy birthday to your husband and daughter :!: :D

I love the Autumn, especially when you get those lovely sunny days.

I painted this picture of a canal scene in Autumn last year. I hope you like it. Click on the link to see it.

http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j386/thardy2/DSC03295.jpg

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • knuckleduster
    knuckleduster Member Posts: 551
    Options
    That's a lovely painting Joan. You've certainly got the right touch for painting.

We live near to the Chelmer and Blackwater Canal and one of our friends at that time was the Canal Manager and we were invited to take part in the filming of a then children's programme called Play Bus. I stood at the front of the barge for hours holding our daughter and waving like mad at the camera. We kept the video for years, but sadly hubby taped over it and it was lost for good.

Janet x
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    Sounds like a lovely weekend and, Joan, what a lovely painting! We often go for walks by the Leeds/Liverpool canal. Mr SW has two bonsai oak trees from acorns I picked up there.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright