Daftland

Options
arfaitis
arfaitis Member Posts: 155
edited 21. Sep 2012, 06:43 in Community Chit-chat archive
The gentleman who wrote this has got it spot on.

Daftland

We live in in a country called Daftland
The Britain we knew is no more
Where sensible people do ludicrous things
Or risk breaking some Daftland law.
In Daftland we've police dogs with muzzles
Less the villain has cause to complain
And to steal from a shop and say'sorry'
Means your free with no stain to your name.

You had better leave lights on in buildings
When you lock up and go home at night
'cause the burglers might hurt themselves entering
And theres's no way you'll be in the right.
When speaking be wary in Daftland
As some terms that you've used all your life
Now have connotations unintended
And your'll end up in all sorts of strife.

We elect politicians in Daftland
to give us the laws of the land
Yet eight laws in ten now come from abroad-
The whole thing has got out of hand.
The borders are open in Daftland
And of migrants there's no keeping track
Just a few of the thousands illegally here
Will ever be caught and sent back.

The exception to this is the hero
Who fought for this land in the war
He's old and he's sick, he might cost us a bit
So he's not welcome here any more.
When the history is written of Daftland
Historians may just recall
That the craziest people in Daftland
Were the public who put up with it all

Arfa

Comments

• mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Yep that about sum's this mad house up if you ask me, we send troops abroad to kill Taliban fighters who've never attacked anyone outside of their borders yet we have only ever been attacked by home grown terrorists who wen't to Pakistan to train in Madrasa's that are know to be hot beds of Radicaslism after all it's where the Talib's came from in the first place!, but now they (our own home grown radicals) don't even need to go abroad to train as the last Goverment licenced 2000 Madrasa's here in dear old la la land. And some people still wonder why I'm so depressed and rant a lot!.
  • arfaitis
    Options
    Sorry I left off the writer, who is R. Hopkins, Eastbourne.
    I think it is brilliant myself.

Arfa
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    Options
    oh so very true, I hope this is posted to the PM and also to the EU. I am with you mell on what you say. I get on a rant sometimes, with the F in Law, who thinks the last Gov did great things for Britain. I won't go off on one now, it is late and I will not sleep.
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    Hi arfa and bubbles I'm sorry but it set me off on one and then me spleen burst as it normally does, this country and world is mental these days, I tihnk it's just how it goes kind of like a car slowly swerving left and right in the end it kind of goes straight but it is terrible how some things are accepted as the norm now, it's bad enough being 51 with OA feck knows what it's like if your really old and in a home the world must seem so alien to what they knew when they were growing up, they fought through WW2 paid thier stamp worked all their lives and were told they need not worry about old age only to find somone else has had all their cash and so they have to pay again.

See me spleens gone off again!.
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Arfa and Mell, you've set me off ranting too :shock: ( see my thread about the education system in this country )

When are the politicians going to realise that kids can't all be academic, and do more to encourage the average/less-able ones too :?: No wonder they feel alienated from society when they are made to feel like failures at such an early age :shock:
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • arfaitis
    Options
    Tody wrote:
    arfaitis wrote:

The gentleman who wrote this has got it spot on.

I don't think so.
    Which laws exactly came from abroad? Name one...

Well how I interpreted it, is that he means the EU regulations and human rights acts.

Arfa
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    Options
    Don't get me started on all the daft EU regs :shock: :shock: :shock:
  • numptynora
    numptynora Member Posts: 782
    Options
    Totally right and on the dot from here too. The Human rights bods need to be sectioned and have their brains (what brains) studied for science purposes. And the PC idiots. :roll:
    Numps x
    Pets come into our lives, and then leave paw-prints on our hearts.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    its so sad how we have gone...I used to be so proud of this country, things do seem to be going from bad to worse...do we ever get good news, any policy from the government are never in our favour...I wish I was young enough to emigrate... :roll:
    Love
    Barbara
  • kellerman
    kellerman Member Posts: 741
    Options
    Haven't other countries always ganged up on us? Once one starts they all join in. As for coming out of the EU I think its too late for that. We shouldn't have joined in the first place nor should we have ever built the tunnel that joins us together forever until some-one blows it up.

Daftland is classic and all true. I watched a programme about illegal immigrants and unless their passport is available to send them back with we just have to let them go to abscond again. What a waste of time and money.
    This is appently because their own countries won't accept them back without a passport even though they shouldn't be here in the first place.
    As far as I know this isn't the case in Australia.
    I'd emigrate too if I was 40 years younger.