oldest

Options
valval
valval Member Posts: 14,911
edited 17. Sep 2012, 18:33 in Community Chit-chat archive
well that my oldest son moved out into rented flat i hope it goes well for them been helping a bit here and there over the weekend and now feel steam roller has run me over pain not bad at moment ut can feel something brewing but was worth it to help them i do get annoyed at not being able to do all i used to ggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. :( val
val

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh Val, that's a double-whammy isn't it? Son moving out and arthritis fighting back. Grrrrr indeed. I hope he will be happy with his new accomodation - and won't bring home too much washing. :wink: As for you, well, you know what I'm going to say - yup, the R word. Make sure you get some and I hope you feel better soon. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Val do you think he might come back...when my eldest son moved out....he came and went twice...now my youngest who is now 37 ..came and went least 6 times..he is a daddy now and hopefully settled...I am touching wood here..my head.. :lol:
    Sorry meant to say I hope you feel better very soon, and I am sure your son appreciated it.
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    I hope the 'brew' goes off the boil, Val, and gives you a bit of piece. I know you won't regret doing what you did but it would be nice, occasionally, not to have to pay for it. Remember, you're not losing a son: you're gaining a bathroom :wink:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    Sometimes we just have to risk the payback, don't we Val.
    Rest up now if you can, and I hope things don't get too bad for you.
    All the best,
    Numpty
  • valval
    Options
    have gained a room for my exercise bike lol might even put iorning board in there yay space well he got 6 months contract so wont be back yet and they have washer so should be safe bless they can not get boiler working so might have to shower at ours they coming tomorrow to check gass so will be ok after that val
    val
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    I cried like a baby when my eldest left home and when middle son left,just got daughter at home but it's about time she left,only trouble is she's my best mate.Mig
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,444
    Options
    OH Val :(

I am sure he will be just fine and am so glad you were able to help even if there is some payback - hopefully not too much.

So far still got all three of mine - perhaps for the best as none of them is 18 yet :lol:

Love

Toni xx
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    Oh Val, you do get some tricky times, poorly stomachs, leaving sons and arthritis. I hope you get to enjoy the space (my Mum fund loved the lack of my loud music and me not commenting on her TV choices when I left) and arthritis leaves you be for a bit. Sending you a big hug, love LV xx
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • valval
    Options
    bless they not got cooker working so fetched there tea here to cook and no hot water so having a shower
    val
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Its started already :lol::wink: Mig
  • valval
    Options
    and they coming tomorrow to use internet to sort some for them lol at least youngest gone most of this week
    val
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Val, I'm sure that your son must be very grateful for all your help, and it's lovely for you that he isn't too far away, unlike my son in Canada.

It's the end of an era when your children grow up and move out, but it's good to see them living independently. My twins both moved out at the same time when they went to uni at 18, and neither has lived back at home ever since. The house went horribly quiet after they'd gone, but I got used to it eventually.

I hope your son will be happy in his new flat, but he will be pleased to have Mum nearby too. :D
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif