Food Hospital

Options
arfaitis
arfaitis Member Posts: 155
edited 20. Sep 2012, 07:49 in Community Chit-chat archive
A programme called Food Hospital starts tonight at 8 pm on channel 4.
Tonight it is especially about treating a woman with Rheumy, well worth a watch.

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,445
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Thanks arfaritis

I shall go and press the record button forthwith :wink:

Love

Toni xxx
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    Options
    I saw that advertised, must admit I am sceptical. I will try and remember to watch. :D
  • arfaitis
    arfaitis Member Posts: 155
    Options
    I watched it last night, did anyone else?
    Well I have been eating for my heart now for the last 3 years, and my rheumy for 30 years, turns out they are much the same, which I had discovered for myself, by trial and error.
    The young lady last night did get some very good results, with her ESR readings, which is the inflammation of the joints reading, which did reduce quite dramatically, she also lost about half a stone.
    I think it worth a try for those that suffer with a lot of pain, better than using the meds, but of course you may have to use some of the pain relief tabs as well.
    For those that missed it try, Freeview 4 seven at 8 pm.tonight

Arfa
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    There are comments about it over on LWA - it wound quite a few of us up, me included. I thought it too simplistic and innacurate here and there - the same applied to the first series. Of course diet affects some areas of health (BP, cholesterol, guts etc) but for us arthritics it's not necessarily an answer. I shall be sticking to the meds and a sensible diet. I lost three stones once but the pain did not alter and my inflammatory markers remained in the high nineties. I'm losing weight again now (with a view to a new knee in two years time) and the same apllies - except the humira is keeping my markers at less than four. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    Options
    I watched it and still remained sceptical. I found it slightly patronising to suggest the inflammation is driven by weight. Like many, my weight problems are due to my lack of mobility.

I try to watch what I eat and my weight anyway. It never mentioned what meds she was on, if she was flaring etc. I found it inaccurate and misleading to be honest.

Thanks for mentioning the programme though.