my first parking ticket

Options
mike77
mike77 Member Posts: 879
edited 27. Sep 2012, 05:42 in Community Chit-chat archive
what a shock this was and I was in a disabled parking bay too my blue badge was displayed on my dashboard . phoned them up and they said to write an appeal ,cant understand why I got this , the reason they say was, i was in a pay and display car pak without a valid pay and display ticket.

but I was in a disabled parking bay with my blue badge displayed

crazy

Mike R & Hazel & mike JR
Mike R & Hazel & MikeJR

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Some car parks charge even if you have a BB. I was caught like this in Norfolk - the county council there charges in their car parks but my home county doesn't. We now check everywhere we go. Always read the board of fees Mike, just in case. It's worth appealiing as it was a genuine error on your part. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Mike
    I am sorry , but what DD says is right...our council doesn't charge but many do, so you must check them, even the ones that dont can change it at a mins notice.
    Im not sure about where you live, but the supermarkets round here, if you park in a disabled bay you must show the badge,we did forget on one occasion, and had a ticket,
    Make sure you appeal , they may let you off this time, tell them you have only just passed and, good luck x
    Love
    Barbara
  • MrDJ
    MrDJ Member Posts: 279
    Options
    thieving ******** :x

sadly as mentioned you have to check at each pay meter in every car park as they all have their own rules.
  • frogmella
    frogmella Member Posts: 1,111
    Options
    My mom had a blue badge, cancer, and she told me that some councils you have to even be in the right car. ie the one registered to the BB holder. Seems reallly harsh to me.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I thought my BB was registered to me, not my car. That means I can use it in my car, my husbands or any car I'm in (if a friend is taking me out, for example). DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • ichabod6
    ichabod6 Member Posts: 843
    Options
    The card is registered to the person not the car.
  • ruby2
    ruby2 Member Posts: 423
    Options
    Mike not sure if it was the council who issued it....If not google their name, mine was bogus. Hope you sort it soon.
    Ruby
  • MrDJ
    MrDJ Member Posts: 279
    Options
    the blue badge is registered to the person but that person can use it in any vehicle as long as they are in the car. its only an offense if its used by someone else.
  • mike77
    Options
    ruby2 wrote:
    Mike not sure if it was the council who issued it....If not google their name, mine was bogus. Hope you sort it soon.
    Hi ruby 2
    It was the road service parking enforcement processing unit, seems ok

I am going to the place that I parked today and read any sign , I am confushed on the left side there is four disabled parking bays , I have used this every week never got a ticket , so as they were filled up I saw that to the left there was another four disabled parking bays and now I got a ticket , if this sign says for blue badge holders only then I will appeal if not then just pay up and learn to check sign

Mike R * Hazel & mike JR ( just found out its a private carpark
    Mike R & Hazel & MikeJR
  • ruby2
    ruby2 Member Posts: 423
    Options
    Mine was on a retail park Mike.
    I was told by a few people to ignore all contact..... I didnt contact them & didnt hear anything from anyone. How can anyone fine anyone for parking anywhere on a retail park...especially when we have complied ...therefore mine was blatantly bogus.
    Good luck again.
    Ruby
  • mike77
    Options
    hi all might just pay the ticket , was at the place that i got the ticket , spoke to a man that was parked in the same disabled bay that i got the ticket in . i asked him if you have to pay even if you have a blue badge he said yes , i was caught out too appealed but after waiting to see if they would cancel the ticket. i had to pay in the end . its a pricey leaning curve for me .

its only 60p for three hours better paying this than get a ticket at £45.00

Mike R & Hazel&mikeJR
    Mike R & Hazel & MikeJR
  • arfaitis
    arfaitis Member Posts: 155
    Options
    It makes a mockery of the BB system, the idea was to assist you with parking so you don't have to struggle far.
    I have noticed some places even have the disabled bays as far away from entrances now.
    My biggest annoyance was seeing people in disabled bays, without the BB.

Arfa
  • kellerman
    kellerman Member Posts: 741
    Options
    When my mum got her BB many years ago it did have to be registered to a car...mine. Our Morrisons are going to start charging BB holders next month and our council already do. This is just in the car parks but we can park on the streets free,this is further to walk so a bit pointless.
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    That is a shame Mike, £45 is a lot of punishment for an honest mistake.

I wonder how far BB users will have to walk to a parking meter? It seems odd to put spaces as near to a shop/Doctors/buildings and then make the person walk back to get a ticket!

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi Mike

I am sorry to read this :(

You even have to be careful that you park correctly too.

My Dad got a ticket because he was on the line of a disabled bay (it wasn't a wide one just nearer to the shops)
    He had to park like this as the car next to him was over his line, he took a photo and he won his appeal.

Take care
    Love Juliepf x
  • knuckleduster
    knuckleduster Member Posts: 551
    Options
    My bit isn't about BB holders, but supermarket homestores. My neighbours paid a visit to their local T homestore and popped home to measure up before buying the item they wanted. Then went back to the store and purchased said item, only to find a parking ticket on their windscreen. They hadn't noticed the sign which said "no return in two hours" and got fined £60. They appealed explaining the circumstances, but still had to pay the fine. Not good!

Janet x
  • mike77
    Options
    lesson learned and paid the £45.00 within the 14 days , now I look at signs and pay the parking fee which is 90p for three hours or 60p for 2 hours , going tomorrow to Antrim hospital and the fee will be £2.00 for 3 hours , I hate hospital parking as you get a ticket and then pay for parking when you leave crazy

Mike R & Hazel & Mike JR
    Mike R & Hazel & MikeJR
  • AndyMaz
    AndyMaz Member Posts: 64
    Options
    You should only pay parking tickets issued by the council and the Police. Anything else is an invoice, and they cannot make you pay more than the losses they've incurred... which is however much it would have cost you to park in the first place.

No parking company has won a case in court. Ever. They will send you letter after letter threatening you with court and all sorts. This is just bluff and bluster to scare you into paying their "invoice". Eventually they'll just give up and go away.

I urge anyone who has received a parking ticket by a company other than the council or Police to read this forum: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163